Public Storage Claimed Company
Today, we are the nation’s largest self-storage provider with over 2,800 properties and we couldn’t have done it... read more
This company is accepting feedback from verified employees

Public Storage Employee Reviews

Out of 836 Public Storage employee reviews, 90% were positive. The remaining 10% were constructive reviews with the goal of helping Public Storage improve their work culture. The HR team, with 100% positive reviews, reports the best experience at Public Storage compared to all other departments at the company. The Sales team offered the most constructive feedback, with 13% of that department's reviews constructive in nature.

stability, clear direction, listens to feedback

Very engaged and future thinking

Commitment to the business and the employees.

Review from HR Dept

Ability to mentor staff and provide resources

They are constantly looking for ways to improve our business while looking for best interests of employees.

We promote individuals based entirely on who they know not how they perform. Taking advice or coaching from someone who had the worst metrics in the region is a tough pill to swallow. Taking coaching from someone who doesn't care about their employees as a divisional president is difficult as well.

Listening to their employees. When we give them feedback or level up concerns many times it stops with them and nothing changes or gets better, this is why there has been an extremely high amount of turnover in our region & why there will continue to be more.

Being more customer and employee centric.

Connecting to there team Genuinely. EEO HIRE PRACTICES

Relaying consistent messages for all levels.

Fair compensation for responsibilities. Rewards people who stay longer. I do not like the salary caps for the positions as several years have gone by with zero raise even though the cost of living and my bills have increased. Very appreciative to the RSUs but would like annual increases too.

The Incentive plan is within my control

Fair compensation compared to market.

Review from HR Dept

annual stock benefit making which creates ownership interest in my performance

The restricted stock. PS is the clear leader in the REIT business, which is easily seen in comparison to our main competitors with our stock price in the market.

benefits package- insurance very high not good coverage even when paying for the highest option, rate for new managers are at higher rate, Phone reimbursement doesn't cover everything. Bonus program is not fair.

Better base wage rates for property teams to operational leaders. Compensation does not match amount of work required for the job, but it is not too far off.

Better pay increases on our yearly reviews

I think that our base salary should be higher. Other companies offer way more and with stock and bonus. It is very hard to hire on new leaders

The company feels cheap at times. There is a lot of work that is expected and other companies pay more for this type of work. If you cover a district or go above and beyond, you are still bonused like everyone else. The bonus program is not a level playing field.

Knowledgeable, works well together, Good team work.

Very engaged and team players

Hard working group. Committed to doing their part.

Review from HR Dept

good energy, communication, positive interactions

We help each other with staffing and always willing to help one another.

Depending on the area, many at a high level are out for themselves and not part of a team.

Diversity and Inclusion. Authentication. Culture of Caring

Communication and partnership within larger markets.

Need to get better at team work

Review from Customer Success Dept

Be self motivated and perform job duties that need to be done on a regular basis.

There are opportunities for growth

We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion.

Review from HR Dept

ability to be able to be ones self

Customer service and Sales culture is the most positive.

Southern California based which leads to a more inclusive and diverse culture.

Adapt a Culture of Caring support diversity Inclusion it more than speaking words

If they increased the wages of the front line we would have a different type of employee representing the brand and will the lives of everyone above them much better and in turn will create a better customer experience

More help and hire vendors

The only thing I can think of is for all properties in my district to be better at doing everything the same way, paperwork wise.

I was hired the day of my interview and given a free apartment. All the bosses were very friendly and helpful.

They were very polite and positive.

The setting was laid back and easy to get through

Instead of asking personal questions it has to be more about work

Review from Customer Success Dept

Spending time with my team

Seeing the results of my input.

Review from HR Dept

when everything is running smoothly- no major issues

Having a group of individuals that sticks together to work as a team and produce results

Having the ability to build a team that I enjoy working with to accomplish the goals the company sets for us to achieve.

rodent infestation, maintenance repairs, turnover

We talk the talk, but we don't walk the walk. We don't take care of our customers & need to provide extensive data to fix issues, whether it be upkeep at our properties, enhancing security measures for break-ins, or truly celebrating diversity. How has Public Storage contributed back to our communit

The company has cut labor 3 times in the last year. This has created a much more challenging work environment for DM's and above. It's also created less customer centric experience and employee morale has gone down.

Dictatorship, no work life balance, promotion are chosen base upon friendship instead of job execution

over worked and don't empower the managers at property level enough to handle issues daily. typically work 12+ hours a day starting at 6am and often have to deal with many issues on the weekend. never feels like a day off.

I get to work not only stuck in an office but also outside almost half the time.

Location coverage, 2 people working at very busy locations.