UL LLC Claimed Company
UL is a provider of safety consulting and certification services in the United... read more

UL LLC Compensation Employee Reviews

Average salary and increments. Average perks

Posted a month ago

I feel like all benefits have great value. I appreciate that UL has an annual bonus for all employees unlike my previous companies.

Review from HR Dept

Decent benefits and 401k for employees.

Because of the size of UL and its employees, I believe we have access to better priced healthcare.

Good salary, however can not match something like a FANG

Benefits are what keeps me there

The bonus percentage is the best part of compensation. Our time off is not competitive.

Review from Marketing Dept

Good rewards for good oerformance

Higher than industry average bonus earnings potential through an annual incentive program. Benefits and Leaves are better than industry average also.

Review from HR Dept

Salary and bonus and rewards

Review from Engineering Dept

Equity pay structure considering market and team

Review from HR Dept

We have very good benefits and I am happy with our insurance options.

Review from Engineering Dept

I feel it is fair. Healthcare costs are just too high per market trends.

Review from HR Dept

My retirement plan contribution is matched by the company.

Review from IT Dept

Staff are well compensated, and receive additional bonus based on performance.

Review from Business Development Dept

Percentage UL pays toward my insurance, the available leave time options including volunteer time off.

I love having an annual bonus. It is a nice supplement to my normal pay.

Review from HR Dept

My leave benefits, all different leaves

Good health insurance. Reasonable vacation time. Nice EAP program.

When the company does well, I do well.

Review from IT Dept

Very little opportunity for promotion, micromanagement at all levels makes you feel like you don't know what you're doing despite knowing more than your managers, laughable merit increases every year

A manager should not need to "fight" to get their highest impact employee a 3% annual raise.

Review from Customer Success Dept

They don't pay enough and the healthcare (UHC) is trash.

High performers are not recognized.

Review from Engineering Dept

to make it to market range

Paid below market rate currently

They pay temps way more than employees that have worked for the company for 5-10 years. NW Arkansas UL Labs were placed inside a lousy Business unit and despite good earning in our section our pay and hiring were frozen for years. Their solution is to hire unqualified temps that screw up constantly

Increasing my salary to match the market.

Gender pay gap was never addressed, I know I make less than my male colleagues

Manager and HR do not care about employees growth

The voluntary positions should be paid.

Review from Admin Dept

I feel like my salary should be in line with the job requirements. I came into a position making much less than my predecessor to do more work based off restructuring.

I feel extremely undervalued. I have always worked hard and received rave reviews - but there is never any money to compensate for the hard work. Its unmotivating to work so hard and never see the reward. There is a lack of transparency in pay scales which needs to change to level the playing field.

I've been underpaid respective to pay scale/midpoint for majority of career.Internal promotions are met with tiny $ salary increases. Pay scales often are secret and not shared. Managers do not have budget to correct people that are underpaid without hurting other team members.HR has no plan to help

Review from Product Dept

Better insurance coverage. Moving from UNH to Blue Cross. Increase in pay.

I believed I have met and exceeded expectation in company, i have gained more responsibilities but very difficult to get higher job position. I have noticed other employees for other departments are seen and recognized more frequently which makes me feel frustrated.

Review from Engineering Dept

Vacation time is a joke! As a middle manager, who has been there for 9 years, my vacation benefits are the same as someone just out of school starting today.

Review from Finance Dept

yes i feel undervalued. most have picked up more work since the pandemic and adjusting to WFH and the gray boundaries for working hours that come with it. but for the past 20 months I've been working the job of two including taking on tasks I haven't done since almost a decade ago

My job is not described/levelled accurately while defining market rate which caused me not receiving almost any merit increase for 5 years. Having my position described and addressed accordingly, and being compensated according to this correct description would make me feel better.

Budgetary constraints seem to provide inequality. The perception is that UL is willing to pay external candidates higher than internal candidates so it is demoralizing, some have said maybe I should quit and then reapply to obtain fair compensation.

Review Sentiment at UL LLC

About UL LLC's Compensation

B+

Where This Score Ranks UL LLC's Compensation

In the Top 20% of 1309 similar size companies on Comparably

In the Top 30% of 214 companies in Chicago

1st

1st place versus 3 competitors rated on Comparably

304 employees at UL LLC score their wages and compensation a B+ on average. As a testament to this, when employees are asked “Do you believe you're paid fairly?”, 65% say Yes. The IT department is the most satisfied with their compensation, ranking it 93/100, a full 37 pts above the Admin department. If you want detailed data about UL LLC's wages, see the <a href="https://www.comparably.com/companies/ul-llc/salaries">wage breakdown by department, job titles, locations, and more.</a>

Rate Compensation the Highest

• Department - Admin
  • Experience - 1 to 3 Years
  • Department - Product

How UL LLC's Compensation Score is Calculated

Results from 304 Employees in All Departments, All Genders, All Ethnicities and All Yrs. Experience Experience

Do you believe you're paid fairly?
Are you satisfied with your Benefits?
Does your company give annual bonuses?
Every 6 months or less
Every year
Every 2 years
Every 3 years or more
Never
How often do you get a raise?