Walgreens Claimed Company

Walgreens Employee Reviews

Out of 2062 Walgreens employee reviews, 62% were positive. The remaining 38% were constructive reviews with the goal of helping Walgreens improve their work culture. The HR team, with 80% positive reviews, reports the best experience at Walgreens compared to all other departments at the company.

I don't want to answer

They are experienced and they show up.

Hard working but they have to be or that place would be shut down

Posted a month ago

Very timely at immediate issues

working together at a time in need

Listening to honest complaints about how other coworkers are harrassing me and others

Communication, Defining expectations, Leading, listening, asking questions, etc....

Understanding their cashiers, we are doing our best , yet they expect us to be superman.

Starts from the top. My store manager is never there. She doesn't know whats going on because when she is there, she's either in the office on the phone (alot) or leaving early or has appointments (tanning, hair, nails, eyebrows etc) or in the pharmacy. Only knows whats going on by hearsay

Posted a month ago

Get all new people who actually care about their employees because these schlubs do not. I dare the CEO to actually come to a store and work in the pharmacy as a tech for a few days...she wouldn't last

That its there, that it there

I am very satisfied with my compensation.

401 k eyeglass insurance and dental insurance

I believe for the most part I am conpensated fairly.

Ive never checked into it

Im in a non-technical role (kinda) but am having to take on alot of complex technical issues

We need a raise for all the hard work we do.

There's more managers than sales associates. No one is in charge.

Posted a month ago

We have to do so much for a little pay

Yes I feel undervalued to the point of transferring

My fellow cashiers underatand me better than my team leaders and manager. We work together as a team because we know the job is hard but as a team its eaiser

Friends and care about my arthritis

They do work together when they work

Would not like to say

It depends on people yoy work with

A structured management team is needed

Posted a month ago

Coworkers need to understand that all work is equal. Don't get upset because you have to help out in different areas in the pharmacy. Just like how you don't want the burden of doing every task neither do your team mates.

They need to work faster

stretched too this to have quality interactions

Haven't had a company meeting in 4 months.

The fact I can transfer my job anywhere I need

Very nice neighborhood is appreciated!!!

individual relationships and team members looking out for each other

Too much bickering, and disgruntled employees - leading them to leave

My coworkers are amazing people.

Removing the silo, allowing people to actually do their do....

A mutal understanding and respect

Mandatory meetings. More involvement with our district. More qualified associates

Posted a month ago

Maybe not be so openly judgmental about customers or coworkers? Its an extremely toxic workplace.

Transparency and more creativity plus innovation

That they looked atleat interested in knowing more about me

Three people sat in on the interview

Posted a month ago

Manager very friendly and c on nice

It was like other interviews I had been on. "Tell me about a time a coworker was behind on their work, what did you do to help them and what was the outcome?" Questions like that. If you've had any type of work experience the questions are easy to answer.

the personableness of the hiring manager

I would ask more questions like "are you going to be reliable?" " will you show up and actually work?". People are just doing the bare minimum to earn a paycheck

Hard to find good candidates.

Simplify it, way to complex

The manager lied about me and said I was a no call no show after I had put in a two weeks notice... yet hired me back immediately.....

Perhaps if our store manager would reply to calls relating to employment, that would help

Very flexible hours at the company

Posted a month ago

Nice customer relationships appreciated along with management

I enjoy my job at least

The ability to helping customers

Learning something every day is rewarding

Less workers , underpaid , too much at hand,and being overworked

Tech's are overworked, expected to do just about everthing. There can be a long line and if someone comes over to the vaccination window you'll here the pharmacist say "you can join the line." I understand theyre busy as well, but if you see your tech's are swarmed with customers just sign them in!!

need more time to spend with customers

Short staff, hogh metric and expectation

The staff needs to have their priorities in order and be held responsible for getting their work done. I shouldn't have to pick up others slack just because they want to talk instead of work.

Benefits are pretty good. Discount are worth for hygiene and first aid. Clean stores (for the most part).

The overtime and getting paid for it as well as the people I work with.

Well know caring company that has stood stronger than most

i like the 25% discount

Strategic goals are in line to keep build longevity. As a company- there are policiiies/initiatives in place to build employee engagement

Better pay. Don't cut staff or salary/hrs. Frontier program, do it right this time.

Stop with the over engagement with employees. Improve employee benefits.

Review from Marketing Dept

For specific management to change a little and support the staff more and be more open minded.

better leaders and bigger stores

Often, local leadership to not support company initiatives to improve culture and work atmosphere. Negative feedback is often used against employees that speak up and little changes are made when feedback is given.