Comparably celebrates its 5th Annual Best Places to Work Awards this season with four of its popular end-of-year categories, including Best Companies for Diversity (as rated by employees of color). Based solely on sentiment feedback provided by current employees of color who anonymously rated their companies in 16 core workplace culture metrics on Comparably.com during the previous 12 months (November 26, 2020 through November 26, 2021), two ranked lists emerge: Top 100 Large companies (more than 500 employees) and Top 100 Small/Mid-Size companies (500 employees or fewer).
The final data set was compiled from over 15 million ratings across 70,000 companies. Employees of color collectively rated the winning companies nearly 20% higher than other companies site-wide. The average diversity score is 85% for the top-rated large companies compared to 68% site-wide while the average diversity score is 90% for the top-rated Small/Medium businesses compared to 74% site-wide. Methodology is outlined below the lists.
Best Companies for Diversity (Large Companies)
1 RingCentral Belmont, CA
2 Adobe San Jose, CA
3 IBM Armonk, NY
4 Microsoft Redmond, WA
5 Zoom Video Communications San Jose, CA
6 Chegg Santa Clara, CA
7 Credit Karma Oakland, CA
8 Medallia San Francisco, CA
9 SentinelOne Mountain View, CA
10 Google Mountain View, CA
11 Globant San Francisco, CA
12 Sitel Group Miami, FL
13 HubSpot Cambridge, MA
14 Concentrix Fremont, CA
15 Experian Costa Mesa, CA
16 TaskUs New Braunfels, TX
17 Guidewire Software San Mateo, CA
18 ZoomInfo Vancouver, WA
19 Farmers Insurance Woodland Hills, CA
20 Gympass New York, NY
21 nCino Wilmington, NC
22 Alorica Irvine, CA
23 Boston Consulting Group Boston, MA
24 Elsevier New York, NY
25 Uber San Francisco, CA
26 Stanley Black & Decker New Britain, CT
27 Calix San Jose, CA
28 ADP Roseland, NJ
29 DriveTime Tempe, AZ
30 CIENCE Denver, CO
31 Trimble Sunnyvale, CA
32 Waste Connections The Woodlands, TX
33 Asurion Nashville, TN
34 Ford Motor Company Dearborn, MI
35 LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group Alpharetta, GA
36 ZipRecruiter Santa Monica, CA
37 Organon Jersey City, NJ
38 CriticalRiver Pleasanton, CA
39 6sense San Francisco, CA
40 Beacon Hill Staffing Group Boston, MA
41 The Change Company Irvine, CA
42 Flywire Boston, MA
43 KeepTruckin San Francisco, CA
44 The Knot Worldwide Chevy Chase, MD
45 Northside Hospital Atlanta, GA
46 Knowles Itasca, IL
47 Integral Ad Science New York, NY
48 PRA Health Sciences Raleigh, NC
49 LexisNexis Legal & Professional New York, NY
50 GoDaddy Tempe, AZ
51 Insight Global Atlanta, GA
52 Chewy Dania, FL
53 UL Northbrook, IL
54 Instacart San Francisco, CA
55 Grammarly San Francisco, CA
56 Vista Waltham, MA
57 Stanford University Stanford, CA
58 Blue Raven Solar Orem, UT
59 Smartsheet Bellevue, WA
60 DXC Technology Ashburn, VA
61 First Advantage Atlanta, GA
62 Momentive.ai San Mateo, CA
63 Meltwater San Francisco, CA
64 Everbridge Burlington, MA
65 Berry Appleman & Leiden Richardson, TX
66 Tenable Columbia, MD
67 GoodRx Santa Monica, CA
68 Collabera Basking Ridge, NJ
69 Qualfon Coeur d’Alene, ID
70 Luxoft New York, NY
71 Realtor.com Santa Clara, CA
72 Phenom Ambler, PA
73 RateGain Dallas, TX
74 Vector Marketing Olean, NY
75 LHC Group Lafayette, LA
76 Geneva Financial Home Loans Chandler, AZ
77 Smile Brands Irvine, CA
78 SPS Commerce Minneapolis, MN
79 DataArt New York, NY
80 GoodLeap Roseville, CA
81 Invitation Homes Dallas, TX
82 Palo Alto Networks Santa Clara, CA
83 Rent-A-Center Plano, TX
84 Choice Hotels Rockville, MD
85 Conduent Florham Park, NJ
86 Sunrun San Francisco, CA
87 Public Storage Glendale, CA
88 CureMD Healthcare New York, NY
89 Sage Atlanta, GA
90 Cue Health San Diego, CA
91 Whole Foods Market Austin, TX
92 American Advisors Group Irvine, CA
93 GRAIL Menlo Park, CA
94 Curriculum Associates North Billerica, MA
95 UKG Weston, FL
96 Aveanna Healthcare Atlanta, GA
97 Remote San Francisco, CA
98 ActiveCampaign Chicago, IL
99 Integra LifeSciences Princeton, NJ
100 Pegasystems Cambridge, MA
Best Companies for Diversity (Small/Mid-Size Companies)
1 Nylas San Francisco, CA
2 Pipefy San Francisco, CA
3 Ribbon New York, NY
4 Globality Palo Alto, CA
5 Vena Solutions Toronto, Canada
6 Prove New York, NY
7 SADA Systems North Hollywood, CA
8 Civic Financial Services Redondo Beach, CA
9 Productboard San Francisco, CA
10 EQRx Cambridge, MA
11 SpotHero Chicago, IL
12 Branch Redwood City, CA
13 Maxwell Denver, CO
14 SetSchedule Irvine, CA
15 Velosio Columbus, OH
16 Therapy Brands Birmingham, AL
17 Pie Insurance Washington, DC
18 Stampli Mountain View, CA
19 RFPIO Beaverton, OR
20 Slingshot Technology Provo, UT
21 Phaidon International New York, NY
22 BigID New York, NY
23 Syapse San Francisco, CA
24 AXIOS Arlington, VA
25 Pilot San Francisco, CA
26 Newsela New York, NY
27 Theorem Woodland Hills, CA
28 Phathom Pharmaceuticals Florham Park, NJ
29 Kyruus Boston, MA
30 Deem Oakland, CA
31 FireMon Overland Park, KS
32 Quanterix Billerica, MA
33 OnSolve Alpharetta, GA
34 Spring San Francisco, CA
35 Analytic Partners New York, NY
36 DISQO Los Angeles, CA
37 Fyber San Francisco, CA
38 Fuel Cycle Los Angeles, CA
39 Mavenlink Irvine, CA
40 Upgrade San Francisco, CA
41 Levelset New Orleans, LA
42 Alida Toronto, Canada
43 Birdeye Palo Alto, CA
44 Gem.com San Francisco, CA
45 Route Lehi, UT
46 GR0 Los Angeles, CA
47 People.ai San Francisco, CA
48 Namely New York, NY
49 Lunchbox New York, NY
50 Course Hero Redwood City, CA
- This set of Comparably Awards are derived solely from sentiment ratings provided by employees of color (non-Caucasian) who anonymously rated their employers on Comparably.com during a 12-month period (November 26, 2020-November 26, 2021).
- Rankings were determined based on a series of questions in 16 core culture metrics, from compensation (salary, bonus, raises) and career growth (opportunities, mentorship, goals) to leadership (CEO, executives, direct managers) and work environment (work-life balance, perks & benefits, coworkers) in yes/no, true/false, 1-10 scale, and multiple-choice format. The answer to each question was given a numerical score and then compared to companies of similar size. Sample questions include:
- Do you typically look forward to coming to work every day?
- Is your work environment positive or negative?
- How confident are you about the future success of your company?
- Do you believe you’re paid fairly?
- How often do you get raises?
- Does your company give annual bonuses?
- Are you satisfied with your benefits?
- How many paid vacation, sick and personal days do you have?
- What do you estimate the cash value of your benefits to be (healthcare, PTO, etc)?
- How would you rate the perks your office provides?
- Are you satisfied with your work-life balance?
- How would you rate the value and effectiveness of your meetings?
- How often do you get valuable feedback on how to improve at work?
- Are you challenged at work?
- Do you feel burnt out at work?
- What’s the work pace like at your company?
- Does your boss hurt company culture?
- Does someone you work with closely make you want to quit?
- How would you rate the quality of your co-workers?
- Do you approve of the job your executive team is doing at your company?
- How would you rate your CEO? Executive team? Direct manager?
- Do you have a mentor at work? A close friend at work?
- There were no fees or costs associated with participating, nor was nomination required. The final data set was compiled from 15 million ratings across 70,000 companies.
- To qualify, Large companies (more than 500 employees) must have met a minimum of 75 employee participants and Small/Mid-Size companies (500 or fewer employees) needed a minimum of 25 employee participants. For fairness and statistical significance, additional weight was given to companies with more participation from their employee base relative to their company size.
About Comparably: Comparably (www.comparably.com) is a leading workplace culture and corporate brand reputation platform with over 15 million anonymous employee ratings on 70,000 companies. With the most comprehensive data on large and SMB organizations in nearly 20 different workplace categories – based on gender, ethnicity, age, experience, industry, location, education – it is one of the most used SaaS platforms for employer branding and a trusted third party site for workplace culture and compensation. For more information on Comparably’s studies and annual Best Places to Work & Best Brands Awards, visit www.comparably.com/news.