Diverse employees at American Red Cross have rated Retention, Team, and Environment as the highest categories they have scored
Women at American Red Cross have rated Team, Outlook, and Work Culture as the highest categories they have scored
American Red Cross employees are -14% more likely to recommend American Red Cross as a great place to work
Working at American Red Cross is rated highly by 58 employees, across various culture aspects.
Overall Company Culture at American Red Cross is rated D+
Last updated a month ago
American Red Cross ranks in the Bottom 25% of other companies on Comparably with 1-10 Employees for Overall Company Culture Score
Out of 130 American Red Cross employee reviews, 73% were positive. The remaining 27% were constructive reviews with the goal of helping American Red Cross improve their work culture.
What did you like most about the interview process?Don’t recall. It was a long time ago. (17 yr
What makes you most happy at work?My coworkers and knowing that what do do has a positive effect on someone down the line.
What is most positive about the culture and environment at your company?Positive is the people I work with day in and day out. But, morale is at its lowest point in years due to stagnant wages, increased cost of living and chronically short staffed due to the extremely high turnover rate.
Why do you feel undervalued and what would make you feel better about your compensation?Fair market pay for the jobs we do and true work life balance and, true annual cost of living increases. Oh, and bring back the pension fund !
What does the leadership team need to get better at?Actually caring about the employees out in the trenches everyday. It’s a “Humanitarian” organization as long as you aren’t employed
What's going wrong and how can it be improved?Stop forcing things on workers and it would be better if it was asked instead of enforcing it on us.
The American Red Cross, a humanitarian organization, provides emergency assistance, disaster relief, and education inside the United States.
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that... ...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
58 employees at American Red Cross have reviewed American Red Cross across various culture dimensions, providing their opinions on items ranging from executive ratings to the pace at work. The latest review was a month ago.
Overall, the 58 American Red Cross employees give their leadership a grade of D, or Bottom 15% of similar size companies on Comparably. This includes specific ratings of their executive team, CEO, and manager.
Employees at American Red Cross are mostly dissatisfied with their total compensation at American Red Cross, which includes a combination of pay, stock and equity, and benefits.
Overall, employees at American Red Cross are generally satisfied with their team. 58 Participants grade the quality of their coworkers a C-. Less than half believe the meetings at American Red Cross are effective, and the majority look forward to interacting with their coworkers.
The majority of employees at American Red Cross believe the environment at American Red Cross is positive. Most Participants believe the pace of work at American Red Cross is extremely fast. About 47% of the employees at American Red Cross work 8 hours or less, while 19% of them have an extremely long day - longer than twelve hours.
Overall, the employees at American Red Cross are generally happy, based on their aggregated ratings of future outlook, customer perception, and their excitement going to work.
The American Red Cross Executive Team is rated a “D-” and led by CEO Gail McGovern, Executive Director-WNY Alexandra Murello, and Executive Director, Business Transformation Victoria Raleigh
American Red Cross competitors include Marriott. American Red Cross ranks 2nd in Overall Culture Score on Comparably vs its competitors. See below how American Red Cross compares to its competitors with CEO Rankings, Product & Services, NPS, Pricing, Customer Services, Overall Culture Score, eNPS, Gender and Diversity Scores.
No Recent Jobs found for American Red Cross on Comparably
Mark that you are interested and we will alert you when there are new positions available listed on Comparably
Candidates By Department
Candidates By Location