Harris Computer Claimed Company
Harris Computer

Harris Computer Employee Reviews

Out of 67 Harris Computer employee reviews, 62% were positive. The remaining 38% were constructive reviews with the goal of helping Harris Computer improve their work culture. The IT team, with 88% positive reviews, reports the best experience at Harris Computer compared to all other departments at the company. The Engineering team offered the most constructive feedback, with 54% of that department's reviews constructive in nature.

experienced, organized, easy to talk to

Backing their employees, Willing to bring change, visionary, mindful about employee perspectives

Review from IT Dept

I think they have good intentions, but they give us very limited resource for the amount of work they expect to be done. Honestly, if you want to make money you need to spend money, they need to invest in hiring more people and making sure they are properly compensating the people they have now.

Review from Engineering Dept

Focussed on timely business deliverables and consistently on the lookout for new opportunities in the market.

Better planning to manage projects

Review from IT Dept

Decisions take forever, are poorly timelined, poorly resouced and there' s no overall plan of action, just a collection of random knee jerks,

Consider that the first person they speak to in a company doesn't know everything.

Review from Engineering Dept

Get a management team that can manage, lead and understands the business.

Benefits are great and I love working remotely.

We get some money back for things, but it does not make up for the salary they pay me. I should be making a lot more for the position I hold.

Review from Engineering Dept

Vacation and work-life balance (remote work options)

Review from IT Dept

Compensation at Harris is about long term growth. While our comp packages are not cutting edge they are competitive.

Very much so and I am not the only one. Asking an employee to work for three BUs & expecting perfection is not smart planning. Pay them below average shows they don't really care about anything but M&A. Salaries need to increase 10 fold or they will lose very qualified talent to the competition.

Market average for same position is higher

The management team make no use of the talents of the staff, just come up with questions and solutions which are irrelevant in this century.

Promotions and defining career next path would make it great

Review from IT Dept

Annual increases do not happen. Bonus schemes are non-existent. Management do not listen to the employees or act for the good of the company. They do not respect Clients - who are also dropping the software.

Very learning oriented group that supports each other and their teams

Always willing to help and find solutions with what sometimes limited tools they have

They are knowledgeable, talented and collaborative

Review from IT Dept

The co-workers work as effectively as they possibly can until management gets in the way and stops them from having direct contact with each other.

They all work hard and are willing to go above and beyond for their team.

Review from Engineering Dept

Have meetings that aren't just brown nose events or "this is how it is" without any planning or forethought put into what's being done.

Review from Engineering Dept

Emphasis on growth and learning, with an abundance of opportunity due to acquisitions

Employee can feel secure and express their ideas. Open culture, Work from home allowed, Events outside work, Focus on work getting done versus unnecessary politics

Review from IT Dept

There is nothing positive about the culture and environment.

People generally care about each other and about doing a good job.

Review from Engineering Dept

Employee is treated as person of value. Willing to work with employee to help out whenever needed

Less turnover, better pay, more communication & inclusion. Preferential treatment has to end. Execs need to listen and get involved to understand what employees need without judgement.

Have a plan. Have a plan that's doable. Get rid of deadweight management, though that'd be admitting that higher up management made a mistake which they're loathe to do as it shows their incompetence.

Instead of random tasks and 1/10 of the information, tell people what you want to do and let them do it.

Review from Engineering Dept

White paper interview, asking practical problems, Strong basics

Review from IT Dept

I knew what the expectation was of me if I had accepted the position.

Review from Engineering Dept

I appreciated the feedback I received throughout the process and when asking about the process, there was a set structure/outline of the process.

Review from IT Dept

Ask valid questions, not ones you've downloaded off the internet 5 m inutes before. And stop employing your mates.

Tell interviewees they'll have none of the information needed to meet requirements then get in trouble for not meeting them.

Review from Engineering Dept

No boring stuff, everyday is learning, more opportunities to try and learn, Zero tolerance for discrimination

Review from IT Dept

Learning new technology, interacting with dynamic minds

Closing projects and delivery solutions to the clients

Review from IT Dept

The work, the team, the growth, and the ability to run my day the way I want to. I like the freedom I have to direct my own day (assuming I meet my goals/targets)

Review from IT Dept

Less educated, cheap staff that cannot help customers because of lack of training therefore the support tickets pile up and can get overwhelming.

Old system's reputation was abysmal because basic things weren't done like basic error messages which clog up the support queue. Only concerns for the new system are replicating all the problems of the old one.

Review from Engineering Dept

Employ management that understands the business, has a vision and a plan for the next year, two years, three and five years and can implement it without changing their minds.

Organization, workload, increase budget, more employees, better idea of where we are going as a company.

Review from Engineering Dept

No real planning, everything is shot from the hip.

Review from Engineering Dept

There aren't any Outlook reviews of Harris Computer yet.
Be the first to contribute a review.

There aren't any Outlook reviews of Harris Computer yet.
Be the first to contribute a review.