OpenText Claimed Company
OpenText

OpenText Employee Reviews

Out of 187 OpenText employee reviews, 62% were positive. The remaining 38% were constructive reviews with the goal of helping OpenText improve their work culture. The Sales team, with 86% positive reviews, reports the best experience at OpenText compared to all other departments at the company. The Customer Support team offered the most constructive feedback, with 62% of that department's reviews constructive in nature.

Transparency with exploring and explaining demos for all work happening in the company.

A lot have worked through the business

Too much power is withheld at the executive level.

No micromanagement, i get to work on real problems as an intern

Since the pandemic they have really humanized their interaction with the company. There is much more care and intention behind decisions from the top down. Yes, growth of the business is first and foremost, but over the last few years, they have adapted to an employee focused company.

No comments as if they really cares for the employees and have a vision for the business, they would have done something about it when all the best, ethical, knowledgeable employees start leaving.

Listen to the employees, take complains seriously, good leaders will always have good workers but if the leader is bad then the most passionate employee will leave as well. Stop hiring unethical and incompetent VPs.

Listen to employees and actually care about employee feedback. Stop being cheap.

listening to employees, stop lying/pretending to hear people

Concentrate on actual project objectives and get out of the woke business. Hire master engineers, not beginners who can't begin to understand how to put a bunch of disparate components together.

competitive salary, pretty good for an intern

My managers have always proactively managed my package. I have has limited cause to worry about salary. lots of other benefits that I use also.

Benefits package and vacation days were available on day one, no probation period.

Employee Stock Options and Education benefits

Employee stock purchase program is great with a 15% cut on market rates

Based on my experience and my flexible work efforts.

There is zero comp and zero bonuses unless your friends with upper management

I was underpaid when my manager hired me - he never thought that i would be so passionate about my work and the business. He never thought that i would go beyond my duties as some people in my office are always missing in action or they would do things for certain people only.

My ex manager underpaid me as he did not anticipate that i would have so much of passion for my job and am willing to do other scopes to ensure things are going smoothly.

There needs to be salary adjustments based on inflation or at least tied to performance. Those from acquisitions have way higher pay which is unfair.

always dedicated, super comfirtable work enivornment, helping nature

The people are the best part.

Highly skilled and self-motivated. they make my work so much easier.

My team supports itself well, both professionally and socially (we do the most we can in the pandemic to have some form of social interaction each month, in a virtual way, since we're spread out across the continent.

Collaborative people with good attitudes and team work

Needs a union ceo makes 22 m per year

Do their job properly and not a sloppy work, be honest, take responsibility and accountability.

Poor performing coworkers need to be reprimand. Bad behavior needs to be corrected and processes enforced.

My team was amazing until everyone left

People likes to be political, even with peers from same team.

Motivation, Flexibility, Feedback sessions, Exploring products and projects

Everyone is happy in mood and happy to help.

I find that my colleagues are helpful without a single hint of "what, you don't know that?" There is a feeling that learning is good, and also that it's not "instant".

People are generally very friendly and will try to help you as much as possible

Work culture is relaxed, policies are employee friendly which was apparent and key when pandemic struck

Transfer a leader with good leadership qualities from HQ to singapore office.

Please hire a good VP - the current VP is dodgy and has no integrity.

Like many companies, staff can carry negativity and spread it... I have found that one negative mid-level manager or even a few individual contributors can "rub off" on others at OpenText. I don't think the culture is any better or worse than most.

The CPO, the CIO and some of their direct reports.

Better compensation.. less egotistical leadership

Initial Screening part of selection

The process allows you to be yourself and showcase what you can bring to the company rather than how can you fit into a box they'd want you in.

Very informal and references able to endorse my application ahead of time.

It was friendly, professional, and I felt the people interviewing me were interested in me compared to some interviews that seem like I'm on trial in the past.

The interviews were scheduled in quick succession and the interviewers were very respectful and thoughtful.

Stop making interviewers retards period

Stop having so many rounds of interviews and stop giving people who know nothing about the role veto. Takes forever to backfill.

my stress free work life balance

Success on projects, learning new skills and recognising other workers for their great work.

Colleagues within my department are professional and helpful.

Feeling that I make a valid contribution.

Knowing that my work helps people in their day to day

Salaries need to be raised

Poor leadership and poorly managed organisation

LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES. Stop giving them smoke and mirrors when they ask for real action and change.

Fire the board and top executive team and bring in actual professional engineers.

Politics within team and across different teams

Review from IT Dept

Colleagues and collaboration to resolve complex issues

Review from Engineering Dept

The people are warm, welcoming and friendly

Less pressure to generate revenue

Review from IT Dept

Greater investment in creating cutting edge products