Blackboard Inc. Claimed Company
We are education’s partner in change. read more

Blackboard Inc. Employee Reviews

Out of 54 Blackboard Inc. employee reviews, 64% were positive. The remaining 36% were constructive reviews with the goal of helping Blackboard Inc. improve their work culture. The Customer Support team, with 61% positive reviews, reports the best experience at Blackboard Inc. compared to all other departments at the company. The Engineering team offered the most constructive feedback, with 62% of that department's reviews constructive in nature.

they listen when people talk

The best thing in our Company is be inbdependent and possibility to learn about the market to growth with our business..

Its been a excellent experience to be part of this great organization that has noble responsibility in providing enriching learning experiences by enabling latest technology and innovative methodologies. A visionary leadership, unrelenting professionals and highly motivated team make this a dream co

My supervisors have worked wonders since I’ve been employed through

Current leadership takes action to drive results and accountability that is going to ensure Blackboard's place as a market leader instead of just talk

If management would sit with agents for a day to see how maneuvering software and systems works. Systems are slow and do not work with all programs. We take multiple clients that cause agent productivity to be lower than it could be with all systems functioning completely.

Out of touch and no innovation

Transparent communication, Raise moral and confidence of the team, Respectful to others, Be kind and fair.

Review from Engineering Dept

An overhaul. The company tends to put people in leadership who have no business being there.

There just isn't enough trust from the team towards each other or the teams working for them.

I am proud to work here

work/life balance with flexible schedule and telecommute, generous PTO

Equality in advancement in positions. This is a huge issue in the workplace with morale.

Base comp is good. Bonus

They do provide pay raises

The temp employees were let go two weeks before promised benefits. We also were let go without notice mid shift which is highly unprofessional and inconsiderate. Ive been unemployed since thanks to them letting me go without notice.

Underpaid for amount of work done

Annual raises are below the inflation rate. So the best way to get a meaningful raise is to advance your job title. If you are comfortable where you are, your compensation will stagnate.

Review from Engineering Dept

Your rate of pay can change every quarter, depending on your numbers. The smallest mistake can cause you to lose your raise.

Cooperation and trust and helpinees together.

High in energy, extremely positive, agile and great collaborating attitude

We work together as a team and support each other if needed.

Global team - get to work with people in many countries

Most people I work with are compassionate and often very knowledgable and curious. But the amount of work may prevent them from helping you when you need to.

Review from Engineering Dept

Better management who dont treat people different based on favoritism. Younger management or more engaging management. The management who have worked here longer talk down on people or lack compassion when letting workers go

Clearer communication and teamwork would help

The company team chat can be cool but they are very cliquey and tens to discriminate against people of color. Management also let very disrespectful things happen and be said in chats.

Accommodative, fair, transparent and great opportunities to all

Blackboard assists everyone regardless of race, religion or gender and we do so with a smile on our face.

employee engagement and passion about company mission, value of what we build and do

The lack of equality causes a culture of animosity.

More listening and collaboration among members

Less drama and more healthy competition.

It was quick and easy. Enjoyed that training you did not have to be on camera.

Making the candidate comfortable, seeking correct inputs and being objective

It was close to home.

Recruiter was really knowledgeable about the company and position, and attentive through entire process

There aren't any Interviews reviews of Blackboard Inc. yet.
Be the first to contribute a review.

My team, challenging goals and tons to learn

It used to be seeing everyone and now we work from home, which I enjoy cause I see my family more.

Interaction with team and clients

My coworkers that are like family make it worth it.

Schools need to communicate and update one stop emplyees more. There also needs to be a faster turn arouns for the tickets. Cases arent being resolved efficiently which makes the case loads even worse by the end of the week. Communication for everyone needs to be better

More stability and stronger outlook

The company is trying to get ahead of the competition and it requires a lot of new features pushed fast to win these contracts. But on the other hand, unlike VC-funded competitors, with money thrown at them, Blackboard can not just keep hiring or raising compensation to keep key employees.

Review from Engineering Dept

Flexible hours, knowledgable peers and seniors.

Review from Engineering Dept

Benefits, salary, promotions, career advancement goals and mentoring