Boeing Claimed Company
"Boeing is a manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security... read more

Boeing Employee Reviews

Out of 676 Boeing employee reviews, 53% were positive. The remaining 47% were constructive reviews with the goal of helping Boeing improve their work culture.

Clear direction and growing the Company

Review from Executive Dept

For the most part everyone is legitmately trying to do their best in the face of exceptionally challenging work with dwindling resources. And by resources, I mean people- there's just so many programs/efforts going on that you cannot fully staff everything the company wants to do.

Everyone was nice to work with

I could see the leadership team is trying to adopt to modern processes. Early career engineers are being recognized for their contributions to the team.

Review from Engineering Dept

They care about growing people and agree that Boeing pay practices and compensation are low.

Managers are not engineers anymore. While they obviously have a foot in engineering they need to do more managing and less of the individual contributor work. I have requested 3 times in 3 weeks to have my end of the year performance review with no luck as to get one.

I'm not sure I can pinpoint what can change the Boeing management culture to make Boeing a "better" company than it is.

Caring about employees and treating them with respect.

Managing upwards. They fail to challenge upwards and feedback the effect that regressive policies are having. There is no upward clout. We regularly use local 'workarounds' to find ways around policy - or lack of it.

Let those who know how do!

The retirment package is well organised

Boeing matches 100% up to 10% of the 401k contribution. It is nearly impossible to find elsewhere.

Bonus and merit awards are good

Review from Executive Dept

401k, HSA, and medical are all very generous.

For the most part "bonuses."

The compensation at Boeing is not merit based. Instead, the compensation is calculated based on year of services regardless of an engineer's performance and contribution to the project.

Review from Engineering Dept

Higher base salary, any stock as part of compensation, working with the best and brightest, executives not hiding behind lies that they are doing right by their employees but actually knowing there not, modern tool sets and workplaces, growth based on recognition not age.

Customer-facing roles are rarely benchmarked against the customer environment. I earn significantly less than the role I could have in one of my customers, yet require the same level of knowledge and experiecne - or higher. Boeing has little real-terms knowledge of the customer environment.

SPEEA (Engineering union within Boeing) has salary charts -- so you have an idea where you are on the pay spectrum. I am currently paid 93% of the average engineer for my age. I have one patent and am working on a second. To be fair -- I started Boeing in my late 20's. 10 years this year!

Bonuses are zeroed out even though our CEO makes a fortune. Hardworking employees are seen as expendible.

Excellence, dicersity and feeling of being part of a team

People are friendly and eager to help. Most everyone gets along easily.

I chart the course, they get promoted

Review from Executive Dept

Everyone cares and everyone generally is just trying to do the right thing.

They are respectful and intelligent

Lead engineers scream at the younger employees. Also leads ask for things thet would never do.

Many are not up to date with current technology best practices and work just hard enough to not get fired.

Quit being so mediocre would help

Review from Engineering Dept

We need a better leader to help create the correct atmosphere.

less meetings, more problem solving.

Review from Engineering Dept

Very diverse and open culture

Everybody is willing to help for the most part and everybody is fighting the same fight together.

Clear direction from leaders and aligned team

Review from Executive Dept

Everyone understands that at the end of it all we are serving the men and women of the military. The work is never easy and often frustrating, but the fact there is a "so what" to it is motivating.

Most people work well with each other to accomplish common goals.

better base salaries (currently 50% below market rate), growth based on merit not age, and modern building and tools. Our places for work are depressing and antiquated.

US-centric policies and strategies need to become more dynamic globally or regionally. Leaders need to listen and be accountable for results. There is no training and no personal development; if you want to progress you need to arrange this yourself

Modern work spaces, protect people to talk.

Stop cutting corners and rushing just to make production numbers and bonuses (management), which is why Boeing is dealing with the fallout from these type of things.

New management and focus on quality not time and money back to shareholders

They asked questions that tasked with the need to look deep and see my own qualities

The role I interviewed for was not a fit and the interview team got me hired for a role that was a good fit.

Very little. It's predictable. Good if you are the interviewee; not as good if you are the hiring manager.

I was able to share my experiences

Interviewed questions were expected, and they can be studied.

Review from Engineering Dept

More Personal Questions about yourself, Goals you have.

Make it harder to get in

The structured interviews are boring. The way that the company interviews needs to change.

keep politics out of the interview process

Review from Engineering Dept

More open and conversational. Less stick to these set questions

I have the opportunity to share my thoughts and ambitions

Great team to work with

Review from Executive Dept

Working with / around cutting edge technologies and figuring out how to make them serve the warfighter.

Working under minimal supervision and flex hours.

I enjoy helping others be successful

We keep failing all of our large projects. We bid and are always 2x in cost and late in schedule. We are an embarrassment to the industry.

It has too many constituent elements stuck in the past. Combined with the brain drain during recent lay-offs have left the organization short of good people and even shorter of good ideas. There needs to be significant changes to HR and People policies to stimulate employee pride and trust.

Stop having major failures and win projects

Trim the 10,000+ VPs to 1000 or so. Also, most execs hire in with an engineering degree (maybe), they get coffee for a senior manager for a few months while earning an MBA, then start up the promotion ladder - screwing up progressively more important "leadership" roles.

New leadership with no GE Executives!

The opportunity to pursue interesting and valuable technology solutions.

Review from Engineering Dept

Paycheck is always deposited on time

Review from Product Dept

The over see ing

Review from Admin Dept

The R&D section of Boeing never gets boring

We make planes

Review from IT Dept

Stop the continuous erosion of benefits.

Review from Engineering Dept

Replace broken equipment so we can perform our jobs. Let's get into the 21st century

Review from Product Dept

Management needs a reality check, they live in a dream world.

That the recommendations of lower managers be taken more seriously

Review from Engineering Dept

Drop mindset you must have an engineering background to be a manager

Review from IT Dept