Caterpillar Inc. Claimed Company
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines,... read more

Caterpillar Inc. Compensation Employee Reviews

Overtime when it's on my check.

Base pay is high compared to equal jobs in other companies.

my company was acquired by Caterpillar, so not sure

Best benefits in the area

Equity bonus work life balance flexibility

Everything, it helps me feel comfortable about retirement.

Insurance is very good. Costs have went up and benefits have went down but that is the market these days. 401k consistently performs well.

401k match and health insurance only reason I'm there

Didnt receive it as I dont work there anymore

Solid base salary. Great benefits. Great 401k match.

The salary is a fair wage.

The golden handcuffs, they over pay and bribe you to try and trap you into staying

compensation is great. The Total Rewards package is phenomenal.

Review from HR Dept

Satisfied base salary and comprehensive compensation package.

Money per hour and benefits

Up to 6% dollar for dollar 401K company match

Review from Engineering Dept

good pay and healthcare coverage

It is adequate and similar to most other companies

Review from Product Dept

We don't have a compensation package

Review from Product Dept

They have great health insurance

Review from Product Dept

Fair wages an jobs on the shop floor for Ranstad employees

Start looking at your management

better pay and health benefits

Being paid more then those that are only flipping burgers

After learning new skills and running a small area alone for months at a time that needed 2 people I was not given a raise and told the only way to get one was to be a team lead.

Competive merit based compensation. Transparent pay practices

I was appalled to find that my market worth was 30% higher for similar work, experience and education

If our managers spend more face to face time with their employees, take a proactive stance on creating fringe benefits, provide objective pay for performance incentives, and making reductions in salary or eliminating raises a last resort instead of the top 5 items.

Review from Engineering Dept

More money every year... and not just the 23 cents we get annually... when the management just above us gets 20-30K bonuses annually

I don't feel that my manager fully understands my skills, let alone fully leveraging them. I would like to take more responsibilities, and I believe if I do my work well the benefits will come to me.

Review from Engineering Dept

If I was paid as much, if not more then a male employee, in the same position.

Married employees have to have separate health care plans and it is expensive having two huge deductibles

More stock options for those mid level management. And better benefits than the shop floor would be nice.

We're underpaid as a whole for the amount of work, and the quality we put out

Review from Product Dept

If and when I have suggestions or ideas they are overlooked or outright shutdown because I am not in the “in crowd” with the people who do get the final say on things that effect my coworkers, area, job or myself. I work in my area everyday and know the area unlike the decision makers.

A global pay philosophy those outside the US are paid and valued less

They always tell you to safe and work right but they do not allow you to as we are all ways low on staff and when you get a safety issue they just swipe it under the carpet

Review from Engineering Dept

They work you too much and not enough time to be with your family. They need to pay their workers more and give them time off with their families.

Lower pay than peoria plants doing same jobs

A more competitive pay comparable to what they pay in peoria or moline

Review Sentiment at Caterpillar Inc.

About Caterpillar Inc. Compensation

B-

Where This Score Ranks Caterpillar Inc. Compensation

In the Top 40% of 1309 similar size companies on Comparably

In the Top 50% of 214 companies in Chicago

1st

1st place versus 5 competitors rated on Comparably

304 employees at Caterpillar Inc. score their wages and compensation a B- on average. As a testament to this, when employees are asked “Do you believe you're paid fairly?”, 63% say Yes. The Sales department is the most satisfied with their compensation, ranking it 98/100, a full 39 pts above the Operations department. If you want detailed data about Caterpillar Inc. wages, see the <a href="https://www.comparably.com/companies/caterpillar/salaries">wage breakdown by department, job titles, locations, and more.</a>

Rate Compensation the Highest

• Ethnicity - Native American
  • Tenure - 2 to 5 Years
  • Ethnicity - Other

How Caterpillar Inc. Compensation Score is Calculated

Results from 304 Employees in All Departments, All Genders, All Ethnicities and All Yrs. Experience Experience

Do you believe you're paid fairly?
Are you satisfied with your Benefits?
Does your company give annual bonuses?
Every 6 months or less
Every year
Every 2 years
Every 3 years or more
Never
How often do you get a raise?