General Motors Employee Reviews

Out of 995 General Motors employee reviews, 56% were positive. The remaining 44% were constructive reviews with the goal of helping General Motors improve their work culture. The Sales team, with 93% positive reviews, reports the best experience at General Motors compared to all other departments at the company. The Product team offered the most constructive feedback, with 59% of that department's reviews constructive in nature.

We all get along and he understand

It is okay I guess.

They worked well with team members

He explains things very well to me, and I love that!

Good team leader and group members

Worker have a life and need job security

Take some basic classes on management.

Treatment to their employees. There's a few good ppl. Mostly by the time that upper management gets through with them they treat ppl like crap.

Communication and being held accountable.

Communication respect to the lower ppl

Just starting out they pay you around $17.50 and your pay caps out around $35 if you continue to work there for maybe 5-8 years which isnt bad at all. You could be making above $70,000 working lots of overtime after 5-8 years

It was the best i had

Free health benefits and 401k match

Health insurance is good. Pension is decent for the seniority employees retirement plan. But it's not enough to live on so you should save in your 401k. The employees with about 5 years or so dont have the same pension plan. GM took it away. Their insurance isnt as well either,but not bad.

Competitve bonuses based on performance

We should get paid more and more benefits. Better benefits

Tpt have no job security, benefits sucks (nothing is better, atlease we don't need to pay for something thats useless), no vacation pay

I wasn't allowed to negotiate my initial salary.

Appriciate the work emplorees do inspite of working hard to screw hard working employees.

The pay sucks compared to the work that you have to do. Especially being, no matter what job you do, your always in some type of pain. They don't give the proper tools needed, when you ask, they just want you to deal with it the best you can which makes your job frustrating

We all come together as a team and figure how to get our work done

I love my team. They are awesome. They are all down to earth people. No one I would consider as politcally correct person.

Worked well with one another

Everything. They are great to work with!

That depends on what area your working in that day. I actually have a good team leader who let's you go to the restroom if needed & helps his team on the line.

Too many racists and my way or i reporting to the supervisors type personality

Not sure. I would have to think on this.

My team works together great

Communication with each other the truth

Get another job with another company

Its clean organized and everyone i work with have a great attitude

There is a lot of culture involving a lot of get-togethers and fun outside of work, so if you are an extrovert there is a lot of culture outside of work for you to attend, but if you're an introvert there is a lor for you not to do as-well because they don't look st you any differently for not.

I love the personal/mental health policy. If you need time off, take it. It's nice and flexible.

They preach inclusion but I have yet to see it in action.

You can sometimes work with some good ppl that treat everyone with respect. That's on a good day. Otherwise it's like highschool all over again ,as far as behaviors.

Stop hiring and promoting racist to full-time.

Help the people get promoted

Dollow their own polocies/ statements

People need to get off their phones and laptops and do their jobs. These are lazy people that spend their days on social media and stand around and scheme to make others lives miserable.

Review from Engineering Dept

paying more attention to employee satisfaction by being fair, open and transparent

Review from HR Dept

We learn things about general motors.

That it was straightforward and very easy.

It was an average interview process. I was happy to be hired!

I was able to interview remotely using teams.

It was a quick process.

To meet the people you want to hire

It was a joke now that I look back on it. They told me everything I wanted to hear. I fell for it hook line and sinker, I was young and had a new family to take care of. I don't think they are capable of improving they need to be truthful.

Review from Engineering Dept

Clarity about the career or position

the recruitment process needs to be systemized and standards need to be clarified

Review from HR Dept

Managers have no idea if candidates are qualified. They're just guessing and estimating based off generic factors.

Review from IT Dept

I love my job. Learning and watching cars get build

All of my coworkers, and all of my things I'm able to succeed at.

Working with my team and learning something new!

Working from home and on my own schedule.

When I have a few hours in the work day that I dont feel like I've been beat up.By Wednesday, THAT dont happen. Your body is used like a tool, repetitive work, injuries, strained body parts.Breaks you down.

The only leadership that gets hired are people that can be easily motivated to lie cheat and use people to benefit their own careers.

Review from Engineering Dept

a clear strategy, fair treatment, development opportunities are all important issues which are unfortunately ignored by top executives.

Review from HR Dept

even though they ask for feedback, they basically ignore what you say

Review from Finance Dept

Corporate greed and outsourcing to mexico

90% of managers are cronies that are operating out of their league. I'm not sure how to fix the problem if the people that are responsible for fixing the problem are also cronies.

Review from IT Dept

Benefits, people and flexibility are great.

Salary and benefits, nothing else.

Review from Engineering Dept

The technical and people challenges

We are best in class and IT is now more important than ever

Review from IT Dept

Everyone is approachable, down to earth and convincible

Get rid of the HR red tape that doesnt allow employees to be promoted to where they rank.

Upper management to really put middle management under the microscope.

Review from Engineering Dept

The communication and co-worker ethics quality

Gender equality and more advancement of women

Review from IT Dept

Low quality engineers and poor engineering culture.