HCA Healthcare Claimed Company
HCA Healthcare is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, comprising 184 hospitals and... read more

HCA Healthcare Compensation Employee Reviews

Guaranteed 40 hours a week

Not too costly and network is great.

Posted a month ago

great package compensation for this

Benefits is the best part

I love it I love it

Insurance benefits and 401k are great

401k is the best option

Insurance although it's very expensive

401k match, pto if you can get it approved

401k is fair despite pension taken away.

The percentage of my base is very fair.

The Employee Stock Purchase Program

Bonus option atbthe end of the year

The retirement match is competitive.

My compensation was fair and I was encentivized.

Good benefits especially with education assistance

the discount on stocks purchase

The health benefits are really important to me. After medical insurance, its having PTO. If you get destaffed you can use it to keep your pay steady. I really love that.

PTO/ SICK TIME OFF PAY

Pto days are good and work from home

too much work, not enough compensation. I'm told it's an "expectation" to go above and beyond the scope of my role, yet do not get anything other than an attaboy when meeting that "expectation". its ridiculous

its not compensation, HCA manages to stay just below market rates in terms of pay. its how poorly they treat employees.

Review from Operations Dept · Posted 22 days ago

HCA offers the lowest rate tyat they can within the pay grade regardless of your experience to save them money.

Posted a month ago

Better salary, better healthcare benefits, equitable 401K matching.

Currently a contractor so no benefits

I feel undervalued because HCA does not support our needs within our facility to be able to do our jobs well and more efficiently. The pay is shockingly low. HCA would rather allow good veteran staff to leave and replace them with contract staff just so a pay increase can be avoided.

If HCA spent half as much in increasing salaries as they in attorneys trying to unsuccessfully union bust the situation would be exponentially closer to equitable work for equitable compensation. Alas, they didn't, and that ship has sailed.

Unatainable goals and metrics without support to execute and accomplish.

Review from HR Dept

to actually get paid based on years of service

I have not even been with this company for 4 months yet and the mission statement you have towards the "value" of your employees has been broken muliple times.

Getting paid fairly for all the responsibilities i have

Always told to take low volume to make the department look better. Yet all managers make their wage. The company does not care about employees and they wonder why they do not have retention. Pay employees and pay them their worth. Stop treating them like they do not matter or have opinions.

to be treated with respect for the excellence I bring

health insurance is expensive, limited to HCA facility, even if provider established elsewhere, beginning of pandemic, PRN employees laid off, shut down specialty floors (womens health, oncology, L&D) but brought in retired persons to work. It was unsafe and unlawflul.

more money would make a lot of difference

Blatent disregard for staff retention. Bonuses given to new hires and nothing but a $10 gift card for employees for retention. Overtime incentives for agency staff significantly better then those for actual employees.

UNDERSTAFFED, UNSAFE RATIOS! more staff

A market analysis, better merit increases and transpent pay ranges!

Nurses are not paid enough. Turnover is horrible because of it. I shouldn't have to beg for a raise with a binder of homework. It should be based on experience, time, and growth in my specific area.

Lower skilled staff (environmental, secretaries, security, communications) are paid less than gas station employees. We have patients lives and safety in our hands.

Review Sentiment at HCA Healthcare

?

Not enough ratings to compare against companies in Nashville, TN

3rd

3rd place versus 5 competitors rated on Comparably

306 employees at HCA Healthcare score their wages and compensation a C+ on average. As a testament to this, when employees are asked “Do you believe you're paid fairly?”, 58% say Yes. The HR department is the most satisfied with their compensation, ranking it 88/100, a full 33 pts above the IT department. If you want detailed data about HCA Healthcare's wages, see the <a href="https://www.comparably.com/companies/hca-healthcare/salaries">wage breakdown by department, job titles, locations, and more.</a>

Rate Compensation the Highest

• Tenure - 5 to 10 Years
  • Tenure - Over 10 Years
  • Department - IT

How HCA Healthcare's Compensation Score is Calculated

Results from 306 Employees in All Departments, All Genders, All Ethnicities and All Yrs. Experience Experience

Do you believe you're paid fairly?
Are you satisfied with your Benefits?
Does your company give annual bonuses?
Every 6 months or less
Every year
Every 2 years
Every 3 years or more
Never
How often do you get a raise?