Hobby Lobby Claimed Company
Hobby Lobby is the largest privately owned arts-and-crafts retailer in the world with approximately 32,000 employees... read more

Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

Out of 596 Hobby Lobby employee reviews, 68% were positive. The remaining 32% were constructive reviews with the goal of helping Hobby Lobby improve their work culture. The Operations team, with 92% positive reviews, reports the best experience at Hobby Lobby compared to all other departments at the company. The Sales team offered the most constructive feedback, with 29% of that department's reviews constructive in nature.

Honesty and openness about store stats

They work along side of you.

We are good at what we do

Posted a month ago

Nice helpful friendly cool workers

My team leader is very friendly and nice and supportive . Also realize management is a problem and tends to avoid them when she can

Everything. They are a heartless bunch.

To have better and open communication and understanding with their employees. Not very open to compromise or willing to hear out concerns in my experience.

Management does not care about employees. Human resources is a JOKE. You try to report harrassment from workers and bullying and they wont even listen. They allow and condone workers doing this to other staff. Called human resources various times only to be told to leave messages they NEVER return.

Hiring amd following up on new managers!

Customer service, attitude, leadership, less drama and better manners towards customers and fellow employees.

PPT sick time, 401-K,paid vacation

They do compensate their staff fairly.

An awful manager needs to be fired

Hobby Lobby gives a lot of compensation to us and I enjoy it. I wouldn't change that but as far as management yes that would need help.

That you actually have a compensation package

Yes. They don't care if you are a good worker. With a bad manager they will screw you out of this job because they decided they don't like you when everyone they don't Like are kind good people!

I feel undervalue when I am told that I am not fit to be a dept manager by your Supervisor. And when your supervisor keeps a secret about one of her asstistant manager's,touched me inappropriately.

Better teamwork and to feel compensated

Posted a month ago

The manger has called me slow in my head racist and multiple other things

Posted a month ago

Paid holidays for part time employees. Better training. As opposed to no training.

The team! Not the manager at all.

We all work together and try to keep each other uplifted

I do not recall the best things

Co-workers are very supportive and helpful. Everyone has each others backs and are quick to lift each other up on the hard days. Could never ask for a better team of friends.

some of us have been there a long time

Better realationship and attitude. They have ugly attitudes

Posted a month ago

We have no meetings fir last answer. Co workers are not helpful at all. Yelling at you and the customers even notice it. Some are teally nice but others are not. One just loved to bully me and belittle anything i do.

Favoritism should not happen and it's increasingly getting worse. Schedules are not made for effectively getting things done.

Better leadership is needed immediately

A lot of my coworkers are OK it's mainly management that is corrupt in the store

The people I met, we have a mutual hatred for our boss

The people I work with

Cod-workers and the hard work that is done for the company,

it is very versatile group

As of now nothing, the supervision at the mcallen tx location has only created a hostile work environment towards some of us employees

Posted a month ago

Less favoritism and better moral. Better training for new hires.

Better/competent leadership. Better opportunity for all employees not just some

Be Christian based with Christian leaders and managers. And I can speak for a lot of people who believe that also.

Its not the compny its the individual locations

The mangers and assisite mangers

When I first got hired, it was how they treated you as an adult and just laid everything out as to what was expected. This new manager treats people like children and is so nervous about everything, some don't even finish interview and hiring process

nothing different from over the years

Not sure. Taled a good talk but i didnt tealize how difficult working thete would be.

The co manager interviewing me made me feel worth it!

That they had you take a math test to be sure you can do the math

The honesty about what the job truly is

Hire capable managers for Gods sake!

Interview was ok, work environment sucks

Posted a month ago

For my manager to not hire somebody and then two weeks later make them full-time when they've never worked for the company and we have other employees that I've been waiting for a very long time for a full-time position. And working very hard to get it might I add

New manager's they were rude and made us feel uncomfortable

Love my department and the people I work with. The fact that I never get bored. Always something to do

What makes me most happy at work , Customers and when it's time to leave.

My friends/co-workers and a few nice regular customers.

when I interact to help customers

It used to be, hard work, customer service

For the management and start fresh with a better attitude and more compassionate person

Myself and another coworker have been victims of harrasment in the work area, and discrimination

Posted a month ago

The lines are always crazy, we need more cashiers, but then frame shop needs there three girls, seasonal needs at least 2 closers everynight and it has one if that they come in way at 5 so the department has been thrashed all day

Be Christian based with your employees

Nothing to my nature okay

Work environment and civil responsibility.

Pay raises for individuals versus "company" wide raises. Company has no format in place for employee reviews, input, feedback; there is no pay raise implementation in tact other than for full time employees or "management" positions, sub par employees should not get paid the same as exceptional ones