Comparably celebrates its 5th Annual Best Places to Work Awards this season with four of its popular end-of-year categories, including Best Companies for Women. Based solely on sentiment ratings provided by current female employees who anonymously rated their companies in 16 core workplace culture metrics on Comparably.com during the previous 12 months (November 26, 2020 through November 26, 2021), two ranked lists emerge: Top 100 Large companies (more than 500 employees) and Top 100 Small/Mid-Size companies (500 employees or fewer).
The final data set was compiled from over 15 million ratings across 70,000 companies. The average women’s score at the top-ranked Large companies is 86% compared to 70% for Large companies site-wide. The average women’s score for the top-ranked SMB is 91%, compared to 77% for SMBs site-wide. Methodology is outlined below the lists.
Best Companies for Women (Large Companies)
1 IBM Armonk, NY
2 Experian Costa Mesa, CA
3 Adobe San Jose, CA
4 HubSpot Cambridge, MA
5 Medallia San Francisco, CA
6 Insight Global Atlanta, GA
7 Boston Consulting Group Boston, MA
8 ArcBest Fort Smith, AR
9 Microsoft Redmond, WA
10 The Knot Worldwide Chevy Chase, MD
11 TaskUs New Braunfels, TX
12 nCino Wilmington, NC
13 Beacon Hill Staffing Group Boston, MA
14 ZoomInfo Vancouver, WA
15 Google Mountain View, CA
16 Vector Marketing Olean, NY
17 SPS Commerce Minneapolis, MN
18 Concentrix Fremont, CA
19 ZipRecruiter Santa Monica, CA
20 GoDaddy Tempe, AZ
21 ADP Roseland, NJ
22 Zoom Video Communications San Jose, CA
23 symplr Houston, TX
24 Sunrun San Francisco, CA
25 Estee Lauder Companies New York, NY
26 Chewy Dania, FL
27 Uber San Francisco, CA
28 Credit Karma Oakland, CA
29 Organon Jersey City, NJ
30 Aveanna Healthcare Atlanta, GA
31 Asurion Nashville, TN
32 Smile Brands Irvine, CA
33 Northside Hospital Atlanta, GA
34 Instacart San Francisco, CA
35 Alorica Irvine, CA
36 Sitel Group Miami, FL
37 DriveTime Tempe, AZ
38 LHC Group Lafayette, LA
39 PRA Health Sciences Raleigh, NC
40 Flywire Boston, MA
41 SentinelOne Mountain View, CA
42 Sport Clips Georgetown, TX
43 Curriculum Associates North Billerica, MA
44 Ascension St. Louis, MO
45 Stanley Black & Decker New Britain, CT
46 LexisNexis Legal & Professional New York, NY
47 Stanford University Stanford, CA
48 Elsevier New York, NY
49 Dynatrace Waltham, MA
50 Globant San Francisco, CA
51 Rapid7 Boston, MA
52 Bell Fort Worth, TX
53 Vista Waltham, MA
54 Berry Appleman & Leiden Richardson, TX
55 Ardent Health Services Nashville, TN
56 Rent-A-Center Plano, TX
57 RingCentral Belmont, CA
58 Peloton New York, NY
59 6sense San Francisco, CA
60 Genesis10 New York, NY
61 LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group Alpharetta, GA
62 Chegg Santa Clara, CA
63 DataArt New York, NY
64 Banfield Pet Hospital Vancouver, WA
65 Baylor Scott & White Health Dallas, TX
66 Meltwater San Francisco, CA
67 CIENCE Denver, CO
68 Momentive.ai San Mateo, CA
69 Calix San Jose, CA
70 Smartsheet Bellevue, WA
71 American Advisors Group Irvine, CA
72 Grammarly San Francisco, CA
73 Synergy One Lending San Diego, CA
74 Nordic Consulting Partners Madison, WI
75 Cue Health San Diego, CA
76 Sage Atlanta, GA
77 Geneva Financial Home Loans Chandler, AZ
78 Tenable Columbia, MD
79 SmileDirectClub Nashville, TN
80 Public Storage Glendale, CA
81 Salesloft Atlanta, GA
82 N-able Boston, MA
83 Waste Connections The Woodlands, TX
84 Chipotle Newport Beach, CA
85 The Change Company Irvine, CA
86 Conduent Florham Park, NJ
87 Gympass New York, NY
88 First Advantage Atlanta, GA
89 Paycom Oklahoma City, OK
90 Invitation Homes Dallas, TX
91 Appian McLean, VA
92 Outreach Seattle, WA
93 Visionworks San Antonio, TX
94 Alkami Technology Plano, TX
95 Verisys Corporation Alexandria, VA
96 Axon Scottsdale, AZ
97 Emser Tile Los Angeles, CA
98 UKG Weston, FL
99 Knowles Itasca, IL
100 City Facilities Management (US) Jacksonville, FL
Best Companies for Women (Small/Mid-Size Companies)
1 GR0 Los Angeles, CA
2 The Hollister Group Boston, MA
3 Pipefy San Francisco, CA
4 Civic Financial Services Redondo Beach, CA
5 Eargo San Jose, CA
6 Namely New York, NY
7 Deem Oakland, CA
8 EQRx Cambridge, MA
9 Route Lehi, UT
10 Syapse San Francisco, CA
11 Vena Solutions Toronto, Canada
12 Velosio Columbus, OH
13 Globality Palo Alto, CA
14 SmartBug Media Newport Beach, CA
15 Prove New York, NY
16 SpotHero Chicago, IL
17 Ribbon New York, NY
18 Productboard San Francisco, CA
19 Fuel Cycle Los Angeles, CA
20 Maxwell Denver, CO
21 Matterport Sunnyvale, CA
22 Kyruus Boston, MA
23 Reify Health Boston, MA
24 Stampli Mountain View, CA
25 Phathom Pharmaceuticals Florham Park, NJ
26 Classy Llama Springfield, MO
27 Birdeye Palo Alto, CA
28 AXIOS Arlington, VA
29 Branch Redwood City, CA
30 Spring San Francisco, CA
31 Steampunk McLean, VA
32 SADA Systems North Hollywood, CA
33 Hippo Insurance Palo Alto, CA
34 Lever San Francisco, CA
35 Quanterix Billerica, MA
36 People.ai San Francisco, CA
37 Newsela New York, NY
38 Pilot San Francisco, CA
39 OutboundEngine Austin, TX
40 Upgrade San Francisco, CA
41 OJO Labs Austin, TX
42 Classy San Diego, CA
43 Carbyne New York, NY
44 LifeOmic Indianapolis, IN
45 Virtana San Jose, CA
46 Emerge Scottsdale, AZ
47 Zevia Encino, CA
48 Veritone Costa Mesa, CA
49 Immersive Labs Bristol, U.K.
50 UserZoom San Jose, CA
- This set of Comparably Awards are derived solely from female employees who anonymously rated their employers on Comparably.com during a 12-month period (November 26, 2020-November 26, 2021).
- Rankings were determined based on a series of questions in 16 core culture metrics, from compensation (salary, bonus, raises) and career growth (opportunities, mentorship, goals) to leadership (CEO, executives, direct managers) and work environment (work-life balance, perks & benefits, coworkers) in yes/no, true/false, 1-10 scale, and multiple-choice format. The answer to each question was given a numerical score and then compared to companies of similar size. Sample questions include:
- Do you typically look forward to coming to work every day?
- Is your work environment positive or negative?
- How confident are you about the future success of your company?
- Do you believe you’re paid fairly?
- How often do you get raises?
- Does your company give annual bonuses?
- Are you satisfied with your benefits?
- How many paid vacation, sick and personal days do you have?
- What do you estimate the cash value of your benefits to be (healthcare, PTO, etc)?
- How would you rate the perks your office provides?
- Are you satisfied with your work-life balance?
- How would you rate the value and effectiveness of your meetings?
- How often do you get valuable feedback on how to improve at work?
- Are you challenged at work?
- Do you feel burnt out at work?
- What’s the work pace like at your company?
- Does your boss hurt company culture?
- Does someone you work with closely make you want to quit?
- How would you rate the quality of your co-workers?
- Do you approve of the job your executive team is doing at your company?
- How would you rate your CEO? Executive team? Direct manager?
- Do you have a mentor at work? A close friend at work?
- There were no fees or costs associated with participating, nor was nomination required. The final data set was compiled from 15 million ratings across 70,000 companies.
- To qualify, Large companies (more than 500 employees) must have met a minimum of 75 employee participants and Small/Mid-Size companies (500 or fewer employees) needed a minimum of 25 employee participants. For fairness and statistical significance, additional weight was given to companies with more participation from their employee base relative to their company size.
About Comparably: Comparably (www.comparably.com) is a leading workplace culture and corporate brand reputation platform with over 15 million anonymous employee ratings on 70,000 companies. With the most comprehensive data on large and SMB organizations in nearly 20 different workplace categories – based on gender, ethnicity, age, experience, industry, location, education – it is one of the most used SaaS platforms for employer branding and a trusted third party site for workplace culture and compensation. For more information on Comparably’s studies and annual Best Places to Work & Best Brands Awards, visit www.comparably.com/news.