Instacart Claimed Company
Instacart is the North American leader in grocery delivery and one of the fastest growing companies in... read more
This company is accepting feedback from verified employees

Instacart Compensation Employee Reviews

Equity and upcoming retirement matching.

Review from Engineering Dept

Base pay, potential for stock.

Review from HR Dept

Our RSU's first - Salary second.

Base rate. Benefits and Perks could use some improvement.

Review from Legal Dept

Flexibility, vacation that I'm actually encouraged to take

The best part is the employee equity program.

Review from Marketing Dept

Our compensation packages are competitive for companies of our size and our equity grants definitely make it worth while.

Review from Legal Dept

unlimited vacation and the fertility/family planning perks

Review from Business Development Dept

The best part are my RSU's

Review from HR Dept

The equity portion of the compensation package.

Pre IPO stock and commitment to Instacart's future

Review from HR Dept

It's very competitive and fair.

Review from HR Dept

fair compensation, good equity, benefits are good not great

Review from HR Dept

The equity provided is fairly competitive.

Review from HR Dept

Equity is the best part of the comp package, but base pay is also pretty good

Review from HR Dept

The best and most valuable part of my comp package is my equity

Review from Communications Dept

Salary is the most competitive

Review from Communications Dept

The stock grant, presuming we end up going public.

Review from Communications Dept

The stock options I received when I joined the company.

Review from Communications Dept

I appreciate the competitive pay

Review from Communications Dept

There was no transparency in the negotiation process. The recruiter refused to provide the comp. bands which is in violation of CA law. They need to add an annual bonus of at least 15% because cash/liquid comp is low in comparison to other companies. They also refused to provide a sign on bonus

Review from Finance Dept

I think my salary is too low based on others in the comparable positions in my area with other tech companies.

Hiring and promotions seem to come from outside. Limited advancement on current roles. Delivering large meaningful projects don't lead to direct individual/team rewards and advancement.

Review from IT Dept

Base compensation could be better aligned with market, especially for Operations teams. Equity compensation will likely balance this out in the future, but currently it is significantly lower than peer companies.

I feel that there are definitely higher paying roles for the same (if not less) responsibility and expectations set out for recruiters in Toronto. It's a very competitive space in Tech now. I'd also like to see Instacart match industry standards around RRSP matching, annual bonuses& fitness spending

Review from HR Dept

I believe a big factor in improving employee compensation in regard to compensation would be yearly performance bonuses. Additionally, the equity refresh period (6yrs) is extremely long.

Review from Communications Dept

Am not paid enough to live in San Fransisco. WFH policy is different for everyone, for no logical reason. This is causing people in Operations related roles to think about leaving.

Compensation review should occur more often to allow the re-evaluation of employee's contributions and growth in the company.

If HR was transparent about pay bands. A lot of companies allow their employees to see the pay bad for their position. It shows that there's nothing to hide.

Review from Communications Dept

We need to have 401K matching in order to be more competitive in the SF market. Travel and gym compensation would be a great bonus.

Would appreciate more equity opps, would be nice if we had performance-based bonuses.

Review from Communications Dept

As someone who is a part of a team that directly contributes to the growth of the company, I would like to see more competitive compensation. I believe that Instacart is above market compensation in general, but when compared to the companies we aim to be, we fall short.

Review from HR Dept

Annual comp increases to at least keep up with inflation. Remove arbitrary rules around cadence of promotion and salary increase cycles.

Not limit salary raises and promotions to specific bi-reviews. If employee deserves it, then why wait?

I get that a start up working toward profitability can’t afford to pay the same as google and that equity is a major p

I would feel better if the company did a roles and responsibilities audit and determined compensation based on that

My boss won't have 1:1s with me to tell me how I am doing, so, no professional growth can happen. I am getting paid the least amount on my team and I do as much work as them, if not more. I was given a raise with no opportunity to negotiate and my boss didn't even tell me about the raise!

Review from IT Dept

Instacart pays consistently under market for all roles, and promises raises/promotions they do not deliver on to sell you on a lower salary.

My manager is not engaged and there is a lack of transparency on the part of our department leadership

Review from HR Dept

Men on our team are looked upon highly and promoted with ease. Due to the very nature of our team's service roll and high number of women, I don't think we are compensated fairly nor promoted with the same level of confidence. Old boys' club mentality pervades promotions and compensation.

Review Sentiment at Instacart

About Instacart's Compensation

A+

Where This Score Ranks Instacart's Compensation

In the Top 5% of 2020 similar size companies on Comparably

In the Top 15% of 835 companies in San Francisco

1st

1st place versus 4 competitors rated on Comparably

177 employees at Instacart score their wages and compensation an A+ on average. As a testament to this, when employees are asked “Do you believe you're paid fairly?”, 82% say Yes. The Design department is the most satisfied with their compensation, ranking it 100/100, a full 58 pts above the Customer Support department. If you want detailed data about Instacart's wages, see the wage breakdown by department, job titles, locations, and more.

Rate Compensation the Highest

• Department - Customer Support
  • Department - Sales
  • Department - Operations

How Instacart's Compensation Score is Calculated

Results from 177 Employees in All Departments, All Genders, All Ethnicities and All Yrs. Experience Experience

Do you believe you're paid fairly?
Are you satisfied with your Benefits?
Does your company give annual bonuses?
Every 6 months or less
Every year
Every 2 years
Every 3 years or more
Never
How often do you get a raise?