Instacart Claimed Company
Instacart is the North American leader in grocery delivery and one of the fastest growing companies in... read more
This company is accepting feedback from verified employees

Instacart Employee Reviews

Out of 794 Instacart employee reviews, 93% were positive. The remaining 7% were constructive reviews with the goal of helping Instacart improve their work culture. The Admin team, with 100% positive reviews, reports the best experience at Instacart compared to all other departments at the company. The Customer Support team offered the most constructive feedback, with 33% of that department's reviews constructive in nature.

I like the transparency with respect to AMAs, the process of getting access to quarterly reports is also quite streamlined.

Review from Finance Dept

Makes creative and rational decisions.

Review from Engineering Dept

Fidji is transparent and shows caring.

Review from HR Dept

They are about us as people, not just workers.

Review from HR Dept

The complete transparency. They are so humble. I am so incredibly impressed by our leadership team.

The Head of Recruiting needs to do better by caring for his team. It doesn't help that he is so disconnected and can't seem to read the room. We see efforts but there is still much room for improvement. More honesty and more transparency please!

Appreciating their employees; saying "thank you" every now and again would be nice. Professionalism is also something that is lacking amongst the leadership team. Lastly, being able to thoughtfully answer questions around diversity and other topics is something that they can improve on.

Review from IT Dept

Stop putting policies in place that hurt our shoppers and corporate employees, all to line their own pockets. Raises are awful, we're worked to the bone, and our executive team makes deliberate decisions to hurt shoppers in the name of profit and expect us to take the blame for it.

Upper management seems out of touch with Atlanta call center. It seems all of the goals for the company benefits San Fransico and not Atlanta. The Atlanta Leadership team does seem like they care about our needs. MORE COMMUNICATION is needed!

Clear and consistent communication across departments.

Equity and upcoming retirement matching.

Review from Engineering Dept

Base pay, potential for stock.

Review from HR Dept

Our RSU's first - Salary second.

Base rate. Benefits and Perks could use some improvement.

Review from Legal Dept

Flexibility, vacation that I'm actually encouraged to take

There was no transparency in the negotiation process. The recruiter refused to provide the comp. bands which is in violation of CA law. They need to add an annual bonus of at least 15% because cash/liquid comp is low in comparison to other companies. They also refused to provide a sign on bonus

Review from Finance Dept

I think my salary is too low based on others in the comparable positions in my area with other tech companies.

Hiring and promotions seem to come from outside. Limited advancement on current roles. Delivering large meaningful projects don't lead to direct individual/team rewards and advancement.

Review from IT Dept

Base compensation could be better aligned with market, especially for Operations teams. Equity compensation will likely balance this out in the future, but currently it is significantly lower than peer companies.

I feel that there are definitely higher paying roles for the same (if not less) responsibility and expectations set out for recruiters in Toronto. It's a very competitive space in Tech now. I'd also like to see Instacart match industry standards around RRSP matching, annual bonuses& fitness spending

Review from HR Dept

Everyone is super friendly and relatively respond

Review from Finance Dept

Approachable, hard working and yet fun.

Review from Engineering Dept

They are friendly and helpful, and work as a team versus individually motivated.

Review from HR Dept

Great partnership, teamwork and attitudes.

Review from HR Dept

Our team is amazing. Excellent team work and collaboration.

always assuming best intent, asking questions to understand perspective, caring about each other as people first

Review from Business Development Dept

Better management and leadership. Several leaders have no manager experience or knowledge of how to successfully build a team. There are so many organizational issues that 5-6 teams could be involved on a small process change because they all own a small piece. It makes for a frustrating environment

Many of my coworkers are self-interested and not towards the common goal of growing and improving our company. The turn over rate is very high and I believe it is because many rarely actually want to move far together. Compensation and promotions based on different factors may help.

Review from Legal Dept

Overall, everyone is very friendly and collaborative

Review from Finance Dept

Everybody is very friendly and owner.

Review from Engineering Dept

Everyone seems very happy and outgoing.

Inclusiveness. Collaboration. Team Work. Striving for excellence

The slack channels have a sense of community and it has made working remote better.

Review from Legal Dept

At times if feels like you have to be part of the 'club'. Would a company culture that embraces everyone's experiences and perspectives.

Review from HR Dept

More employee interactions with senior staff and opportunities to develop career internally

Review from HR Dept

Clear expectations about what good looks like. Clear success criteria for upward trajectory. Promotions are subjective.

The interview process was incredibly streamlined and efficient. The recruiter was also very responsive

Review from Finance Dept

Interesting and relatable problems to solve.

Review from Engineering Dept

Friendly interviewers, when I let them know I had a competing offer they rallied quickly to push me through the rest of the process and get an offer to me the next day.

Review from Communications Dept

The questions were relevant to my position and I had the opportunity to interview with coworkers within my department. I really enjoyed seeing if would fit in with my coworkers and answering questions about day to day issues they face.

Review from IT Dept

I enjoyed transparency. Recruiting was upfront with salary in order to avoid wasted time on both ends.

Review from Finance Dept

There aren't any Interviews reviews of Instacart yet.
Be the first to contribute a review.

The potential to learn and become a SME

Review from Finance Dept

Getting recognition for my work.

Review from Engineering Dept

Making work easier for co-workers, and improving the candidate experience.

Review from HR Dept

I work with an amazing group of people. I see the benefit of the work I do.

Accomplishing goals and growing with the team and company

Review from Legal Dept

Our executive team makes decisions that directly negatively impact our shoppers, despite pushback from corporate team members like myself. We are not transparent with shoppers or customers, and actively seek to profit wherever we can despite who is impacted.

We have a lot of roles that are not filled and we need diversity in our leadership. We keep looking to folks with consultant backgrounds and I don't think that is the best.

Review from Legal Dept

Management needs to be more interactive.

Poor leadership and little to no support when bandwidth is maxed out.

The leadership on my team can show more empathy and be more human.

There aren't any Outlook reviews of Instacart yet.
Be the first to contribute a review.

Tuition reimbursement options instead of specific online college options