Instacart Claimed Company
Instacart is the North American leader in grocery delivery and one of the fastest growing companies in... read more
This company is accepting feedback from verified employees

Instacart Environment Employee Reviews

Overall, everyone is very friendly and collaborative

Review from Finance Dept

Everybody is very friendly and owner.

Review from Engineering Dept

Everyone seems very happy and outgoing.

Inclusiveness. Collaboration. Team Work. Striving for excellence

The slack channels have a sense of community and it has made working remote better.

Review from Legal Dept

Everyone's willing to help each other out- very little animosity or "I'm too busy" or "that's not my job" type of things.

The true investment in each other as people & the VERY exciting opportunities the company and team has to make a truly great product that is world leading.

Review from Marketing Dept

Instacart's company culture creates a friendly and collaborative work environment. Everyone is open to hearing different viewpoints and ensuring that our product reflects the diversity of opinions to make it the best it can be.

Review from Legal Dept

The flexibility, development options, and team activities keep us bonded since we are a fully remote team.

we actually are working on creating a diverse company that is based on the foundation of equality and belonging.

Review from Business Development Dept

WFH is a big plus and provides max productivity time

Review from IT Dept

The most positive thing about the culture and environment is that it's very inclusive.

Review from HR Dept

The fact that everyone believes and supports in Instacart's mission and that we have the opportunity to positively impact our communities through service and philanthropy.

Review from HR Dept

you can tell people care deeply about each other and the work we are doing

Review from HR Dept

Everybody is an open book and it's super easy to express yourself

Review from HR Dept

Inclusive culture, we all love food

Review from HR Dept

Our culture of diversity, equity, and belonging - I'm excited to see what our company does in this space!

Review from HR Dept

So much passion and energy for results and output

Review from Communications Dept

I feel valued more than I ever have

Review from Communications Dept

Top-down generous leadership, strengthening culture, highly resilient, enviable position in a growing market, huge business opportunity ahead.

Review from Communications Dept

At times if feels like you have to be part of the 'club'. Would a company culture that embraces everyone's experiences and perspectives.

Review from HR Dept

More employee interactions with senior staff and opportunities to develop career internally

Review from HR Dept

Clear expectations about what good looks like. Clear success criteria for upward trajectory. Promotions are subjective.

Review Sentiment at Instacart

About Instacart's Environment

A+

Where This Score Ranks Instacart's Environment

In the Top 5% of 2026 similar size companies on Comparably

In the Top 5% of 706 companies in San Francisco

1st

1st place versus 4 competitors rated on Comparably

The environment at Instacart is considered positive by 94% of employees and regarded as having a “comfortably fast” work pace by 98 employees. Relative to its competitors, DoorDash, Postmates, Grubhub, and Blue Apron, Instacart's environment score ranks in 1st place. This also puts them in the Top 5% of 2026 similar sized companies (1,001-5,000 Employees) on Comparably and Top 5% of 706 companies in San Francisco.

Rate Environment the Highest

• Department - Customer Support
  • Department - Operations
  • Ethnicity - Asian or Pacific Islander

How Instacart's Environment Score is Calculated

Results from 176 Employees in All Departments, All Genders, All Ethnicities and All Yrs. Experience Experience

7 or less
More than 12
On average, how many hours do you work a day?
Extremely fast
Comfortably fast
Moderate
A bit slow
Bureaucratic
What's the work pace at your company?
Positive
Negative
Is your work environment positive or negative?
Does someone you work with closely, make you want to quit your job?
Do you have a close friend at work?
5% or Less
5-10%
10-25%
25-50%
50%+
What % of the time are you bored at work?