The Home Depot Claimed Company
The Home Depot, the world’s largest home improvement specialty retailer, values and rewards dedicated, knowledgeable... read more

The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Out of 5688 The Home Depot employee reviews, 78% were positive. The remaining 22% were constructive reviews with the goal of helping The Home Depot improve their work culture. The IT team, with 98% positive reviews, reports the best experience at The Home Depot compared to all other departments at the company. The Communications team offered the most constructive feedback, with 40% of that department's reviews constructive in nature.

Well for the whole as a whole management is very poor there alot of favoritism among management especially amongst associates

Diverse and knowledgable. Kimd and understanding

The openness and the open door policy

Our Assistant Manager is good and very supportive. Our Store Manager is not taking care of associates though in the beginning she was the one you could go upto and she would support in a professional way

None have a full understanding of their responsibilities.

Actually treatinf employees with respect. They never ask them how they are or if they need help they just make you do things that make them look better

Leading, and training outside of a chair.

Communication, transparency, zero tolerance for bullies (store manager included. Less overt favoritism, and less acceptance of lazy work ethics from the management team. Less pettiness.

Review from Customer Support Dept · Posted a month ago

Same standards for all employees

Take care of the wokers who work

As a Specialist its very basic pay. We are paid hourly and no comissions . Not even a yearly increase . Surviving because husband is in IT .Cannot afford to live on my pay

Its pretty decent overall yeab

The Vision, 401k, and bonuses.

It is fair for a common retail job such as this one and hence I take no issue with it.

Posted a month ago

Matching funds for retirement account

Better base, transparency of salary among peers, visibility to pay grade and range

No time devoted to detailed training. You train yourself and do your best and suffer the criticism. Treat employees that are working below poverty wages with some credit for showing up.

$20 an hour minimum. Respect for the work I do.

They are hiring new employees and paying them more than the existing employees expected to train them. Horribly unethical work practice, breeds toxicity.

Review from Customer Support Dept · Posted a month ago

16/hour while dealing with racist and non vaccinated customers. Hard physically demanding work.

They actually help me to learn new things and teach me new stuff about my jov

Happy smart people . Except the Department supervisor all others are great

Those who want to work hold up the management and try to hold others to the same standards.

While some could do better at communicating, they are always very cordial and helpful which is just about all I can ask for in a coworker.

Posted a month ago

My teammates, peer associates are great people.

Review from Customer Support Dept · Posted a month ago

Honestly I think the whole company of home depot needs to have more topics and discussions about the LGBTQ. I want to be in an environment we're im celebrated not tolerated

Hire older people as much as possible

Get held accountable, lots of associates doing nothing and very few gave to take up the slack

Associates that refused to work are coddled and never held accountable. Stop placing lazy associates in high paced departments not only do the employees suffer but the customers do. Our work has to be completed in a timely manner but it has to be done with a least a little bit of care.

As a new employee, you are constantly tossed around from person to person asking questions and asking for people who operate certain equipment. Often times its like searching for the holy grail trying to find the right person you need and it feels like no one wants to help if they dont have to.

Easy to get hired because turnover is at least 70%

The associates and customers. The job can be fulfilling if everyone is on the same page.

The spirit of helpfulness and dependability that at least those who work in my store all have, which is a big part of what THD is all about.

Posted a month ago

they welcome everyone and support them.

No one contacts me after work

The store manager should be replaced.

Review from Customer Support Dept · Posted a month ago

They need to stop playing favorites and actually train new associates. They also need to relax when their understaffed, they treat the employees rudely when their stressed out. All in all I just work there for the pay.

Merit raises and true recognition

Review from Executive Dept

Quit promoting people based on favoritism and cronyism. Home Depot seems to promote the people that stand around and talk and don't really do any work.

1 associate decides the tempo of the day. Which is always negative

Each supervisor interview me & introduce themselves went over on my work experience how I found out about the company the company history & etc.

It was very average for a company.

My relatable interviewer who was very kind and optimistic about my abilities, despite knowing that I am autistic.

Posted a month ago

they always get back to you.

It was done on a low key and friendly way

Actually interview employees and train them

No interview required and I did not have to show I.d.

Annoyingly easy. They just seemed to need bodies.

There needs to be less leniency within the hiring process: asking more situational questions and about previous employment.

I would take the word of the person being intetviewed as solid information And then test them on a few spur of the moment questions relating to what they say they are good at!

What meets me happy when I work for the company assisting customers and making sure there's needs are met. Connecting with link minded like myself

Fling the shelfs so customers can find items

The people I work with and the fun tasks that are given to me like picking up garbage out back or out front and being able to throw the bag down the chute.

The end of my shift.

Review from Customer Support Dept · Posted a month ago

flexible work hours and good support from everyone.

The employees inside have no discipline because they all just bow down to their managers so the managers never do anything bad to them

Not enough people show up to meet demands of so called leads. The best are actively looking for a better job.

Workers with knowledge and positive work ethic

Our store is rated high as far as sales, but I watch them lose thousands and customers daily. Employee retention horrible. Customer service ratings really bad. But that is because of the poorly managed departments. Also orders are never where they are supposed to be. Wrong things getting delivered

Customer service is almost nonexistent at Home Depot they have one person covering hardware one person covering electrical, one person covering plumbing and they have to cover 6 to 8 aisles each. I see customers waiting 10 minutes for an associate to come help them because they have three other peo

DEALING WITH MY CUSTOMERS IN A FRIENDLY AND KNOWLADGABLE WAY

My coworkers because they make The Home Depot feel like a second home.

The fact that each day I go in I know I am working the best I can and feel as though I accomplished my tasks.

My co workers, and the benefit package

Availability of products I use at home

Review from Product Dept

MORE INCINTIVE TO GET THE HOME DEPOT CARD APPLICATIONS AND THE SURVEYS DONE WITH MY CUSTOMERS LEAVING WITH A GOOD EXPERIENCE

A greater focus on departmental training.

I would like to see the raise increase go up as I know we all deserve more pay.

Our store manager care more about his people and less about how good they can make him look.

Some of the management needs to be evaluated.

Review from Product Dept