The Home Depot Claimed Company
The Home Depot, the world’s largest home improvement specialty retailer, values and rewards dedicated, knowledgeable... read more

The Home Depot Compensation Employee Reviews

As a Specialist its very basic pay. We are paid hourly and no comissions . Not even a yearly increase . Surviving because husband is in IT .Cannot afford to live on my pay

Its pretty decent overall yeab

The Vision, 401k, and bonuses.

It is fair for a common retail job such as this one and hence I take no issue with it.

Posted a month ago

Matching funds for retirement account

Just the package itself and all the benefits.

Very helpful for others that can't get benefits.

401K, buy stock, bonos and incentives

The equity and options are the best parts of the compensation.

you can be part of the hd stock, benefits are pretty good

Review from Design Dept

Stock discount 401k medical perks

Great binus and we getvit every year

401 k but they have so many but I'm satisfied with it

Review from Product Dept

My family is civered and i have option to engance my benefits

Stock grants and vesting plan

Retirement health benefits stock vacation

Family benefits, I've never had a job care about my family

The wide ranging number of benefits

Health insurance, discounts on travel

Succes sharing twice a year

Better base, transparency of salary among peers, visibility to pay grade and range

No time devoted to detailed training. You train yourself and do your best and suffer the criticism. Treat employees that are working below poverty wages with some credit for showing up.

$20 an hour minimum. Respect for the work I do.

They are hiring new employees and paying them more than the existing employees expected to train them. Horribly unethical work practice, breeds toxicity.

Review from Customer Support Dept · Posted a month ago

16/hour while dealing with racist and non vaccinated customers. Hard physically demanding work.

I am ask to do tasks that do not fall under my job description if we are understaffed.

Most of us work so hard to make sure we meet goals and exceed them when possible. But we're under paid dramatically

Review from Executive Dept

Work really hard. Got hurt lifting too much and no one even ask me if I was Ok few days later. But they expect you to work without breaks and lunch sometimes and just don't acknowledge anything you do. 90% of the employees feel this way at the store I work at.

As a woman I do most of the heavy lifting and extra work to make sure that our department stays looking good when the men are mostly disabled and have excuses and talk mostly to other employees it is just not fair also it is about the customer and the store when I ask for help it is not for myself

I would like to be paid more than 14.00 per hour

When i have worked for the company for 6 years and they keep me as cashier when im trained/positioned in another department. Im not getting payed enough for the work i do.

6 month increases starting now

Over 20 years with company . New hires make about the same as I do

I constantly have to make up for the lack of effort for other associates the cuts into my task. When I finish the others' task I am reprimanded on not managing my time well. Not only do the lazy senior associates make more while doing less the new associates make more on day one.

Id like to be taken a little more valuable. More recognition for hard workers like myself.

I have worked there for 2 months almost and I have already gotten 20 cred card sign up, I totally feel unappreciated and under valued

Review from Customer Success Dept

I'm used to $20-25 an hour. I'm getting $15 (better than nothing), but it hinders my goals and keeps it impossible to pay bills outside of doing anything else. Extra pay means a better quality of life.

I feel as though plenty of associates would love full time work for home depot its great being here but the downfall of not giving enough hours or enough money is kind of disappointing when you have home equity to take care of as well as children

Higher pay in line with industry standard

Low pay for making the money to pay the management

Review Sentiment at The Home Depot

About The Home Depot's Compensation

B

Where This Score Ranks The Home Depot's Compensation

In the Top 25% of 1309 similar size companies on Comparably

In the Top 35% of 112 companies in Atlanta

2nd

2nd place versus 5 competitors rated on Comparably

1927 employees at The Home Depot score their wages and compensation a B on average. As a testament to this, when employees are asked “Do you believe you're paid fairly?”, 63% say Yes. The HR department is the most satisfied with their compensation, ranking it 93/100, a full 39 pts above the Communications department. If you want detailed data about The Home Depot's wages, see the <a href="https://www.comparably.com/companies/the-home-depot/salaries">wage breakdown by department, job titles, locations, and more.</a>

Rate Compensation the Highest

• Department - Communications
  • Tenure - 1 to 2 Years
  • Department - Customer Success

How The Home Depot's Compensation Score is Calculated

Results from 1927 Employees in All Departments, All Genders, All Ethnicities and All Yrs. Experience Experience

Do you believe you're paid fairly?
Are you satisfied with your Benefits?
Does your company give annual bonuses?
Every 6 months or less
Every year
Every 2 years
Every 3 years or more
Never
How often do you get a raise?