Amazon Claimed Company
Amazon.com is an international e-commerce website for consumers, sellers, and content... read more

Amazon Employee Reviews

Out of 10100 Amazon employee reviews, 78% were positive. The remaining 22% were constructive reviews with the goal of helping Amazon improve their work culture. The Legal team, with 98% positive reviews, reports the best experience at Amazon compared to all other departments at the company. The Operations team offered the most constructive feedback, with 28% of that department's reviews constructive in nature.

Current leadership team actually cares about their people. Not true across the company sadly.

Review from IT Dept · Posted 9 days ago

Employer centric and does take care of it's folks.

Good positive individuals who care

They encourage every one of us every day. They tell us safety tips. They have contests sometimes for people that stow at very high rates.

Willingness to try new things

Improve the horrible attrition rate.

Review from HR Dept · Posted 15 days ago

Paying a fair compensation package.

Review from Operations Dept · Posted 17 days ago

Making employees feel connected to their decisions

Review from Engineering Dept · Posted 20 days ago

Fire them and rehire more competent people people ,diverse people and not yes men bring biases in the workplace

Posted a month ago

Respect the employees, they are not slaves

Got a great hike this year.

I get paid every week

Cash Bonus at the beginning.

Cash payment during the first year

Bonuses for good performance with drivers

Recently promoted but recieved $0. I am not even within the salary band for the level and role. I am $60k+ under paid than my peers. Additionally, Stock prices have tanked and will now be making less than I did last year.

Review from IT Dept · Posted 9 days ago

I’m a BIE getting paid $20k+ less than the bottom of the pay band for my role. I would feel better if I was paid fairly.

Review from Operations Dept · Posted 17 days ago

Very very little raise, regardless of performance

Review from Engineering Dept · Posted 20 days ago

I believe we could have better benefits. I think if we owned more stock that just came with the job, we would work harder to make Amazon a better place to work and more profitable.

Compensation is supposed to increase but I haven’t had the conversation yet. I also have only gotten one raise in 3.5 years (it was $800)

Brilliant colleagues. Friendly people who respect you.

Review from IT Dept · Posted 9 days ago

Smart, easy to talk to, and they don’t judge. Also helpful.

Review from Operations Dept · Posted 17 days ago

Certainly trying to grow and do best for customers.

They all work at Amazon

Very helpful and friendly colleagues

Review from Engineering Dept · Posted 20 days ago

Stop creating seperate siloed interactions..pitting each other agiant them

Posted a month ago

Work is single threaded so greater collaboration would be better else people end up in silos

Review from Engineering Dept

better and good com with time

Review from Engineering Dept

Management is the problem, they're bringing in people off the street and placing them in roles they do not have the skills or experience to do.

They are seflish and shady

They don’t hate straight white men as much as other far left liberal tech companies.

Review from Operations Dept · Posted 17 days ago

Pleasant colleagues to work with. Social interactions such as interest group on various hobbies

Review from Engineering Dept · Posted 20 days ago

We are encouraged and appreciated for working hard and getting a lot done.

The ability to challenge any idea as long as it's done with reasonable arguments and data.

Review from Engineering Dept · Posted a month ago

We look out and help each other as a team.

Treat employee with respect, improve work life balance

More appreciation for worklife balance

senior management level and higher needs to be replaced with an empathetic, supportive team willing to build a culture of psychological safety and trust among the contributing engineers.

Treat humans as humans and not just numbers

Higher pay, more time off availability. 20 hours of unpaid time isnt enough to take care of emergencies when they arise.

Helped me understand company culture

Concensus voting. Appropriate level of coding requires

Review from Engineering Dept · Posted 20 days ago

It was all done online and was basically an IQ test to make sure we could do all the training.

Fast response for the interview results.

Clarity of the process, speed

Less interviews. And the technical interview is not a good measure of someone's ability to do the job. At no point do I find myself under pressure to build something eith someone watching over my shoulder. And never do i have to build my code right on the first try without the ability to test.

Review from Operations Dept · Posted 17 days ago

Make it faster. From recruiter to 1st day was 4 months.

Focus on all of tyw leadership principles, not just frugality and bias for action.

an ACTUAL interview. They dont care who you are, if you have a pulse and no criminal background your hired because they have a 150% turnaround rate.

Orientation could be way better

Autonomy, trust, and the ability to build cool impactful stuff.

Review from Operations Dept · Posted 17 days ago

The colleagues are really nice and supportive

Review from Engineering Dept · Posted 20 days ago

I like pulling packages and pushing packages.

Some teammates are expert in their domains.

My colleagues I work with

More appreciation at work and company's investment in skill development

Stop putting delivery drivers and others sharing the road with them at risk of catastrophic injury or sudden death.

They expect you to work like a machine. 10 hours of repetitive tasks with no social interactions at all. all in all this company does NOT care about its employees to them you're a cheap alternative to a robot that can do the same job.

Everyone herded like cattle- can’t piss or eat at break- running around finding answers- alll the fucking games- for what

Too much focus on frugality and profit. Not enough focus on sustainability in all aspects. Sustainable work environment, sustainable business. Everything is geared towards fast growth. Lots of churn. Employees do not stay longer than 2 years on average.

Review from Engineering Dept

It offers more value to humanity than any other company.

Review from Operations Dept · Posted 17 days ago

Name recognition and the fact I am compensated at all

My company is work on perfect time and correctly design as well, but I want to make more then faster work at all.

Review from Design Dept

Remote work so thet i dont have to be immediately close to people that are microagressive and u can rest

Review from HR Dept

The opportunities available to everyone

Pay me more and stop making me jump through hoops

Review from Operations Dept · Posted 17 days ago

Replace the leaders with peer mentality; value and insist on diversity of thought through systemic shifts in how decisions are made

Actual diversity at the intersection of race. Deakinng with severe Hr issues and underleveling problems. Retaliation issues

Review from HR Dept

Better internal hiring process, and understanding that the Associates are not machine and they all operate at different levels in different positions.

Less of a cut-throat environment.

Review from Business Development Dept