CarMax Claimed Company
CarMax has been a unique force in the used car industry since 1993. Through innovation and integrity, we’ve... read more

CarMax Compensation Employee Reviews

My base salary and bonus potential are very fair.

Good insurance. 401k match is good

Pet insurance is most definitely a plus and theyll work on my car for s discounted rate regardless if its purchased at a CarMax

benefits - 401k match, dental, discounts, etc

The bonus is paid consistently and feels tied to our performance. Stock grants are generous, and the stock price performs well.

It's at a low cost you have a choice to pick from diffrent plans that may suit your needs

Its better than any union

Our benefits are phenomenal and the added perks are unmatched!

I was unable tomwork long enough

The Healthcare package and available hours for PTO.

I feel compensated fairly and reasonable

tuition reimbursement and competitive benefits in all categories

Time Away policy (CarMax does not have sick or vacation time for corporate Associates)

They ask for feedback and adjust based on feedback

my compensation very good for now

Great pay, good bonus/stock setup

Its very comprehensive however, its very expensive in comparison to other well equipped plans.

Equity grants and stock purchase discounts

Its fair and benefits are cery comperitive

best part is the unlimited PTO

The workplace environment is hostile to working, the managers are unprofessional and have attitude. Leader ship does not speak on what goes wrong and likes to avoid the situation. Also leader ship have other associates to delegate a situation causing a bigger problem. New hires don't last long.

I have been working at carmax for a year and stil am not given a personal day

Leadership pressures you to fix things that are out of your control.

straight commission sucks when sales are low

base salary plus bonus/commission with sales consultant position

Better and fair pay, growth possibilities, professional management.

Most of our commission is being taken away due to the call center & customers going from store to store in addition to the call center, coupled with losing sales due to people not doing their jobs correctly. It’s really hard to make any money at CarMa

The pay scale is a little low for the job

Do not cut our pay !!

I do everything there and receive the neutral treatment

The compensation hasn't changed in 20 years. It needs to be increased.

They are a bunch of corrupt and dishonest management, do a lot of favoritism to other employees, they are disrespectful and discriminating

Review Sentiment at CarMax

?

Not enough ratings to compare against companies in Richmond, VA

2nd

2nd place versus 3 competitors rated on Comparably

135 employees at CarMax score their wages and compensation a B on average. As a testament to this, when employees are asked “Do you believe you're paid fairly?”, 64% say Yes. The Design department is the most satisfied with their compensation, ranking it 100/100, a full 79 pts above the Admin department. If you want detailed data about CarMax's wages, see the <a href="https://www.comparably.com/companies/carmax/salaries">wage breakdown by department, job titles, locations, and more.</a>

Rate Compensation the Highest

• Department - Admin
  • Ethnicity - Other
  • Department - Sales

How CarMax's Compensation Score is Calculated

Results from 135 Employees in All Departments, All Genders, All Ethnicities and All Yrs. Experience Experience

Do you believe you're paid fairly?
Are you satisfied with your Benefits?
Does your company give annual bonuses?
Every 6 months or less
Every year
Every 2 years
Every 3 years or more
Never
How often do you get a raise?