CarMax Claimed Company
CarMax has been a unique force in the used car industry since 1993. Through innovation and integrity, we’ve... read more

CarMax Team Employee Reviews

The people are amazing. They are one of the reasons I stay

With some people only being their a few month, everyone new or tenured exhibits an impressive amount of knowledge. Everyone is also very close knit and friendly, making you feel like you fit in since day one.

Productive. Funny. Close. Helpful. Friendly

The team consists of creative, smart, dynamic members, with tons of experience.

Everbody engages with each other in a positive manner

We are all able to understand eachother

My team is full of genuine, kind, hardworking people who are always there to lend a hand.

You have tonwatch your back.

teamwork and how we communicate and game plan

They are a bunch of goal getters.

Most of my team has been working together for over 11 years together we work as a team. Always willing to help and be helped with problem issues. For each vehickle has its own problems .

very diverse in multiple aspects, good collaborative effort

We are each appreciate for what we bring to the table

they are all times happy to help some one

The CarMax hiring process is not easy - but because of it, we get the best and brighest talent who also contribute to an amazing/positive culture.

We all get a long (outside management) for the most part

The diversity of thought and experience

They listen and provide effective feesback and follow up

They are very satisfying to work with

They are understanding and driven!

Better communication and teamwork. Some employees like to pick and choose what they want to do. Also some employees like to ride the clock while others work hard. Also those employees choose to leave and have other staying long nights to finish all the closing duties, and it is a repetitive pattern.

Be better team members .

Be able to actually build geniuine bond

CarMax needs to stop hiring people with no prior automotive repair experience and start only hiring people with knowledge. The "we can train anyone to do this" mentality is horribly wrong and proves to be incorrect day in and day out.

Employees should recieve proper training ir be fored if they cant do their job

Learn the basic of customer service, respect, and professionalism.

actually care to repair cars the right way

They need to take the leader ship of doing the work that needs to be done and stay off their phones

My coworkers need to learn to work together as a team instead of fighting and gossping

There is little communication, between shifts. We are often left with no notes from the previous shift.

they are scared about managers, and afraid to raise any concerns because the managers will fire them if the concerns are about them or not

Review Sentiment at CarMax

?

Not enough ratings to compare against companies in Richmond, VA

1st

1st place versus 3 competitors rated on Comparably

CarMax's team score is currently ranked in the Top 15% of similar sized companies on Comparably and placed 1st among its competitors. 88% of CarMax employees look forward to interacting with coworkers while 67% believe their company meetings are effective. Among the various teams at CarMax, the Design department ranks the highest in team score.

Rate Team the Highest

• Ethnicity - Other
  • Experience - Entry Level
  • Department - Product

How CarMax's Team Score is Calculated

Results from 107 Employees in All Departments, All Genders, All Ethnicities and All Yrs. Experience Experience

out of 100
How would you rate the quality of your coworkers?
Are your company's meetings effective?
Do you look forward to interacting with your coworkers?
Does Your Boss Hurt Your Company Culture?