UnitedHealth Group Claimed Company
Our mission is to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for... read more

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Out of 1384 UnitedHealth Group employee reviews, 71% were positive. The remaining 29% were constructive reviews with the goal of helping UnitedHealth Group improve their work culture. The Design team, with 100% positive reviews, reports the best experience at UnitedHealth Group compared to all other departments at the company.

The open communication makes it a great place

Honest communication. Knowing how I can contribute and make a difference is most important.

Review from Customer Support Dept · Posted 8 days ago

They treat you really good

Review from IT Dept · Posted 22 days ago

Engaging, communicative, and care about the career paths of their employees.

Being able to add my contributions to a team that is driven to provide the highest level of success.

It's too late to stop this train, it's pretty much a done deal, but you should dust off your resumes and let your colleagues know to do the same.

Review from Product Dept

Stop abusing employees and inflicting mental breakdowns

Listen and act on employee needs

Retention. Giving women the same kinds of opportunities as men. Investment in personal and professional development opportunities. Advocating for their employees to be paid market rate.

Not being so hyper focused on profit

Vacation time that we get

Pay and ability to work from home

Review from IT Dept · Posted 22 days ago

Salary, RRP, competitive healthcare benefits (dental not as great for network)

I can pay for healthcare insurance for my family and still be able to contribute to 401K and stock option plan while meeting my financial needs.

PTO, flex time and ESPP

Add newly adopted federal holidays without changing current pro.

Review from Customer Support Dept · Posted 8 days ago

Being paid more in general as a baseline... but when I get an RRP bonus that is heavily taxed and only a 3% raise salary raise, along with a year with ~8.6% inflation: I got demoted and took a ~6% pay decrease, on top of already being underpaid.

Review from Engineering Dept · Posted 8 days ago

Share some of the 10s of billions made each quarter with your employees.

My benefits are hard to use where I live because few providers use UHG as it is a lower reimb rate. My dental is not accepted or useful by my provider, who accepts most other insurances. This is frustrating. It costs money to access my benefits. Give me more useful benefits or adjust pay a bit.

The raise is too small and does not accommodate with the inflation. It takes so much work to get an 2% raise, and that's not even keeping up with the inflation.

The way we all work togerher

They welcome you and treat everyone as part of the team

Review from IT Dept · Posted 22 days ago

Collaboration, culture, innovative, communicative, and varied

They listen to each other, develop mutual ideas, respect each other, support each other. They have heart, empathy, compassion and a drive to help people.

We rally together against management

They need to be more technical and less hand holding.

getting in the office at some point

Coworkers are the only reason I go to work

We have no interaction. I have no idea who my coworkers are or what they do.

They need to learn team play model

Support, respect and honesty. Helping me to know where I can grow develop and focus to meet my professional goals.

Review from Customer Support Dept · Posted 8 days ago

Company wants you to succeed

Review from IT Dept · Posted 22 days ago

Leadership, care about the customers, internal and external

Our culture has developed into a second family support system. We are all invested in each other and each other's success.

Very inclusive culture. There are many opportunities to participate in fun things during the day with your team or individually, like participating in mindfulness meditation, exercising, decorating a pumpkin, or cooking healthy meals.

Review from Admin Dept

It's too late, RV will destroy what little culture remains.

Review from Product Dept

Middle management needs to make change

The extremely heavy upper management need to start caring about their subordinates

Difficult unpredictable enviornment to navigate Sometimes unsafe neighborhoods

Ethics and morals. Pay. Flexibility.

Review from Executive Dept

The knowledge of the interviewer.

Review from Customer Support Dept · Posted 8 days ago

Questions and interview topics were relevant to the actual job

Review from IT Dept · Posted 22 days ago

Behavioral based interview questions, quick to answer my questions

There were multiple steps, but they were very clear about what would happen next and what the process was like.

I was scared at first with the recorded video question and answer session, but once that was over, the interview with my manager was great. She was very down to earth and easy to talk to about the job and what all it entailed.

Review from Admin Dept

be transparent about how unstable the business is.

Review from Product Dept

Quicker response times it’s an employee’s ma

Provide a job description. Be more clear upfront. I interviewed for a senior role, when I got an offer it wasn't senior and the pay was cut. Also, came on as contract-to-hire. Was told for months I'd convert soon; then when reviews came I didn't qualify for a salary increase. Coincidences?

Talk to people. Less writing about yourself and recording things about yourself and more talking to people.

HRs should at least know or read over an applicants resume.

The collaboration and quality products. Our technology teams!

Review from Customer Support Dept · Posted 8 days ago

My manager and co workers.

Having the ability to make decisions on my own and manage my workload effectively

Review from IT Dept · Posted 22 days ago

Colleagues, leaders (next level, not top execs), the work itself

When the day ends each day

Optum's take over of New West Physicians was probably the most detrimental aspect to our patients and our staff. The integration was rough, and those that are now in charge- CEO- don't care about developing relationships with those that have stayed. We are loosing amazing employees because of her.

We thought Optum and United Health were bad, just wait until we are integrated with RV, they care about one thing, and one thing only - exploitive and ruthless monetization.

Review from Product Dept

Technology is lacking. Healthcare is confusing and UHG / UHC / Optum doesn't invest in their technology platforms and team. Management spends too much time negotiating budgets rather than supporting getting actual work done.

They are treating patients and employees terribly and have completely lost sight of their purpose and mission statement

Restructuring managers/trainers and retraining all.

Great flexibility and investment in career growth

It's reliable, dependable, and keep the 5 values UHG cultures.

Work at home Ethics Compassion

Job stability

wah, fast pace

More cross functional cross training to help alleviate large workloads.

Relationship building among the employees.

Better employee benefits

Benefits for new parents

need to become more tech saavy