Goodwill
"Goodwill provides job training, employment placement services and other community-based... read more

Goodwill Compensation Employee Reviews

They offer medical dental vision and have a 401k

My 403 which I have invested in

Paid time off and full time hours.

that we dont have to be fuill time to get it

There is not just one it's everything in the package

Medical time vacation pay 403 plan

The company has great Benefits

Rates seem to be fair

They are fair and equal to every employee

Review from Product Dept

Sick time off and bereavement time it helps

Medical, dental, and vision insurance

No waiting period for PTO to start

There health insurance blue Cross blue shield

I am part of the union so everything is very fair and lots of different insurance packages to choose from

The cost for a single person is very reasonable

I have the money I need to live on

The discount I get when shopping

I believe it is fair for this company

I don't have a compensation package, they won't hire anyone other than management as full time. Employees work full time without the ability to advance to full time. It took 3 years for anyone to get a raise at my store.

No benefits package offered by the nonprofit company

Run far away if you value your mental health

Review from Admin Dept

Be paid a living wage

more cash in my pocket

I run the DC by myself and might talk to a manager every other week and see them maybe every other month

Being cross trained for several positions.

I feel undervalued because I am required to do not only my job but other jobs that others are not held accountable for.

Better Team leadership Better employee treatment

The uneducated executive directors who achieved those self imposed titles simply because they been there forever doesn’t mean they are qualified to do their job effectivel

I'm not appreciated for my ability to expand beyond my job description.not allowing to exercise my potential

I honestly feel like for the effort and quotas they demand daily from us workers daily, minimum wage shouldn't be the pay. The things you deal with on a daily basis working for a goodwill is way more than what you may do working typical retail.

The donation center requires 3 or more people to run as of right now there are myself and 1 other person running the donation center, I'm doing a 2 person job getting paid as 1 person a raise would be nice if I'm gonna keep working as 2 people

Review from Product Dept

Europe gives employees 5 weeks off a year. I get 10 days, and cant even ask my manager if I can have a saturday off on my schedule instead of a tuesday.

Have to work hard to make more money for the manager.

I am held back everyday because of the CEO's inability to know how to operate the business.

Goodwill has tarnished it's original message and purpose so badly, I feel it's irreparable.

I would like full time to really be full time.

Being able to shop at the store would be nice

Have to work 35 hours to get paid vacation or any vacation, not allowed to wear headphones, have to work off clock to make rate, not allowed to leave building on 15 minute break, managers have favorites and break rules, working 30 hours a week can't afford to put family of 4 on health insurance

I feel undervalued because my pay was cut (due to budget cuts) and on top of that, my coworker was fired and now I have to do my job PLUS hers for less wages.

I was cut from full time to part time without notice. And i barely make min wage for labored work

Review Sentiment at Goodwill

BOTTOM

In the Bottom 15% of 223 companies in Washington, DC

1st

1st place versus 2 competitors rated on Comparably

245 employees at Goodwill score their wages and compensation a D+ on average. As a testament to this, when employees are asked “Do you believe you're paid fairly?”, 43% say Yes. The Communications department is the most satisfied with their compensation, ranking it 85/100, a full 44 pts above the Customer Support department. If you want detailed data about Goodwill's wages, see the wage breakdown by department, job titles, locations, and more.

Rate Compensation the Highest

• Ethnicity - Asian or Pacific Islander
  • Department - Customer Support
  • Ethnicity - Other

How Goodwill's Compensation Score is Calculated

Results from 245 Employees in All Departments, All Genders, All Ethnicities and All Yrs. Experience Experience

Do you believe you're paid fairly?
Are you satisfied with your Benefits?
Does your company give annual bonuses?
Every 6 months or less
Every year
Every 2 years
Every 3 years or more
Never
How often do you get a raise?