84 Lumber Claimed Company
84 Lumber Company. Been There. Built That. read more

84 Lumber Compensation Employee Reviews

Very competitive pay rates, generous benefits for all levels of employee

The whole package is good!

401k and insurance plans are good

Profit sharing and incentive bonuses.

I think what they offer is fair. But I would gladly take a cut in the over all for higher pay. Since people who started over 6 months after me are making the same or more.

Different plan options are available to fit everyone's needs.

Review from Admin Dept

Employees need more money more money better workers

Higher pay. More respect. Better treatment .

When working in rain, sleet, snow. hail, and burning hot sun with humidity during a profit busting year during high lumber sales and prices that the company would pay a bit more to cover that. It's not the rate though. A profit share for yard and non management would be nice and motivating.

To make more than a fast food worker for doing hard manual labor

I am a supervisor and I make 15.50 an hour then they astarted hiring people at 16 an hour without adding to my compensation because I was forced to work overtime to make up for it

Better pay, and help from leadership

I've been working for the company for a years and to have new people hired at the same pay rate is insulting and then to turn arounand have to train them is a slap in the face

The Competition offers more pay and better work environment.

Pay is below average for jobs performed.

i only make 4 percent of gross profit

Undervalued due to the efficiency and knowledge I bring to the company with me. To be truly appreciative 20-30k more per year

Compensation is a joke. For the amount of work that is expected, 84 is far beneath the bar. Refusing to pay for a janitorial staff and requiring your manager trainee's to do it - which tend to be recent college graduates - its no wonder that you have a 52% turnover rate.

We work too hard for not enough money

Management makes you feel unimportant. I would hire all new management

Management has no respect for the backbone of the company. They treat us like we’re beneath them.

I am paid $6 an hour less now 8 years ago and I have a higher skill set. I was promised a raise at six months did not happen. I found out that I am making the same hourly amount as the comanager. Who is also female. I feel of she was a man she would be making a higher hourly rate.

Review from Admin Dept

Our competitors in the same field pay higher wages

If you are not and management you get treated like dirt, managers get away with murder in this company

Review Sentiment at 84 Lumber

?

Not enough ratings to compare against companies in Pittsburgh, PA

4th

4th place versus 3 competitors rated on Comparably

57 employees at 84 Lumber score their wages and compensation a D on average. As a testament to this, when employees are asked “Do you believe you're paid fairly?”, 37% say Yes. The Operations department is the most satisfied with their compensation, ranking it 73/100, a full 18 pts above the Admin department. If you want detailed data about 84 Lumber's wages, see the <a href="https://www.comparably.com/companies/84-lumber/salaries">wage breakdown by department, job titles, locations, and more.</a>

Rate Compensation the Highest

• Experience - Over 10 Years
  • Experience - 1 to 3 Years
  • Gender - Female

How 84 Lumber's Compensation Score is Calculated

Results from 57 Employees in All Departments, All Genders, All Ethnicities and All Yrs. Experience Experience

Do you believe you're paid fairly?
Are you satisfied with your Benefits?
Does your company give annual bonuses?
Every 6 months or less
Every year
Every 2 years
Every 3 years or more
Never
How often do you get a raise?