Thomson Reuters Claimed Company
Thomson Reuters is a leading provider of business information services. Their products include highly specialized... read more

Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

Out of 863 Thomson Reuters employee reviews, 89% were positive. The remaining 11% were constructive reviews with the goal of helping Thomson Reuters improve their work culture. The Marketing team, with 100% positive reviews, reports the best experience at Thomson Reuters compared to all other departments at the company. The Engineering team offered the most constructive feedback, with 19% of that department's reviews constructive in nature.

No words to explain about this because every one are so friendly and jovial

Thoughtful, emotionally intelligent, and mindful of our impact.

Review from Operations Dept · Posted 20 days ago

Transparent and reachable Giving good guidance

Very complacent about competition that is nipping at their heels

Professional. Committed. Bold. Unafraid of change and challenge. Human.

Have better accountability. Treat everyone with sincerity and dignity. Not be short sighted and ignore people when they leave. Things will come around to bite them.

Driving innovation and finding new product opportunities.

Selling projects to different vendors

Our leadership is focused on stockholders and short term profit more than it’s product and the people that make it. They say culture matters but give everyone an incentive to leave with the constant layoffs and outsourcing.

Review from IT Dept

Lost cause. Senior leadership is more concerned about stock price than well being of their workers and their clients.

Based on my working skills i get paid and I thank for that

Phenomenal benefits and perks; appreciate that TR leverages its size to benefit its employees; appreciate the active encouragement from leadership and coworkers to use PTO; lean in to mental health days; use work time to volunteer; etc.

Review from Operations Dept · Posted 20 days ago

Not sure if there is a best part but people are not fairly rewarded.

Maybe not the "best part" but I love that we get two mental health days annually. All employees enjoy them on the same day so you don't return to stacks of work.

Review from HR Dept

Able to impact comp through my efforts.

Compensation and benefits are no-longer competitive. Executive team are trying to drive attrition.

If they stopped restructuring territories. Thomson Reuters continually splits territories and increases quotas every year. For instance, what once was one territory responsible for a $1M annual quota was split into 3 separate territories each with a $1.2M quota. They setup you up for failure

If it was more and if they stopped threatening to outsource jobs

We feel undervalued compared to vendors and consultants. Every major turnover and failed goals must mean we don’t have the right people or aren’t spending enough on “thought leader

used variable pay as a compliance tool.

Coming from a SaaS startup, I am accustomed to working in a more agile and asynchronous environment.

Review from Operations Dept · Posted 20 days ago

Can't comment anything now as

Small teams work extremely well. However management tend to setup team without proper knowledge.

Focused, smart , caring , unafraid to challenge, commiitted and customer centric.

Talented Individuals, we value each other , we enjoy work

Need to show more professionalism

Most co-workers are contractors with little to no experience. I often end up having to do their job and my own just to get things done.

Bring back the US co-workers so that the US workers don't have to deal with idiots from Mexico and Asia.

They need to stop kissing the company's ass when they know the company doesn't care about them.

We have entirely too many meetings. The push to get back in the office is baffling when many people spend the day on the phone and stressed in a cubicle or office instead of at home on the phone.

Diverse, inclusive, tries to drive change and not just pay lip service to it.

Help the poor people to provide good heth care and food

the people work for the same goal and we help each other achieve our goals as a team

We are a truly global company, which is very cool.

Purpose led - access to justice, keeping commerce working, avoiding fraud

Zest is missing and the feeling of doing something worthwhile rather than rote activity

Show proper care and not just acting on the surface like you care.

Greater incentives and getting a sense that what we do actually matters. That we won't be re-inventing the wheel yet again.

Treating employees as if they are truly critical and not easily tossed out and outsourced. Yearly layoffs demoralize people and the leadership constantly changing creates churn and yearly rework.

Review from IT Dept

Senior leadership. They are very tone deaf and rather spend millions of dollars on outside consulting companies on how to strategically screw their workers compensation just to make their bonuses larger

Automated calendar appointments and email updates; scheduling was incredibly easy; information and knowledge sharing was excellent. I felt very prepared and expectations for each step were very clear.

Review from Operations Dept · Posted 20 days ago

Quite relaxed but obvious determination to find the right fit

They moved fast and the communication was stellar. I didn't wait weeks for updates/next steps.

Review from HR Dept

Real people and not robots.

everything was done online or virtually

Stop hiring people with no experience for senior roles.

Have the ability to speak with existing workers

The STAR process used boils down to whether the interviewee can tell a good story, rather than if they are qualified for the job. Department/company politics are also involved in interview decisions.

I would make it more modern.

Review from Product Dept

Improvements can be made to the speed of the interview process and frequency of communication

Review from HR Dept

Opportunities to show off my skills

The people that I work with.

having a management team that listens to the voice of the people

I miss working in the office.

Team work is great and brings diverse views

No accountability. No customer care / focused. Even when customer escalate, no one to deal with properly. Often over charge customer by padding hours.

All are outdated legacy systems and no enhancements are coming

Leadership needs to lead by example and give people a reason to stay other than trying to throw money at them to temporarily stay. Outsourcing and constant cost cutting are gutting core product teams.

Review from IT Dept

Let us do our jobs and stop with pushing social agendas, courses we will never use and reviews that are a huge waste of time and stressful

They continually increase rates without providing any value

Looking forward to change as a result of new leadership

The challenge of helping customers.

Review from HR Dept

Culture and the ways of working, the employee benefits

Review from HR Dept

Internal processes and disjointed systems

Not much to improve at work.

Review from HR Dept

Nothing I see at this point in time as everything is perfectly executed.

products and customer experience