Thomson Reuters Claimed Company
Thomson Reuters is a leading provider of business information services. Their products include highly specialized... read more

Thomson Reuters Compensation Employee Reviews

Based on my working skills i get paid and I thank for that

Phenomenal benefits and perks; appreciate that TR leverages its size to benefit its employees; appreciate the active encouragement from leadership and coworkers to use PTO; lean in to mental health days; use work time to volunteer; etc.

Review from Operations Dept · Posted 20 days ago

Not sure if there is a best part but people are not fairly rewarded.

Maybe not the "best part" but I love that we get two mental health days annually. All employees enjoy them on the same day so you don't return to stacks of work.

Review from HR Dept

Able to impact comp through my efforts.

RRSP Matching Health Benefits Employee Stock Program

We have an excellent retirement plan with low-cost options.

Flex benefits means you can work from anywhere 8 weeks a year and long mat/pat leave

The Bonus and SEA Grant is generous

High performance bonus and regular updates on company performance keep you on track and motivated

Having one is a definite perk and what keeps me there

3 Weeks Vacation starting out. 5% 401k match vested after 4 years.

US maternity leave is great and the 401K matching is really nice

managers are able to flex salary up in order to provide a fair raise at year-end.

20 days of holidays per year mental health program, work & life balance

I admire Everything about my package

Review from Finance Dept

It is fair in the mexican IT market

Review from IT Dept

Good base and good variable pay which is very good standard compared to many banks in Toronto.

The retirement savings plan is good.

Competitive pay with good benefits for employees

Compensation and benefits are no-longer competitive. Executive team are trying to drive attrition.

If they stopped restructuring territories. Thomson Reuters continually splits territories and increases quotas every year. For instance, what once was one territory responsible for a $1M annual quota was split into 3 separate territories each with a $1.2M quota. They setup you up for failure

If it was more and if they stopped threatening to outsource jobs

We feel undervalued compared to vendors and consultants. Every major turnover and failed goals must mean we don’t have the right people or aren’t spending enough on “thought leader

used variable pay as a compliance tool.

No Internet allowance during WFH

Review from IT Dept

Our base salary is not competitive with the current market place. Account Executives base salaries start at $75-$80k and OTE is $200k. Base salaries should be closer to $95-$100k and OTE $250k.

Have made lateral moves which have been beneficial to my career but possibly does not reflect my market rate compensation

Review from HR Dept

We didn't have many benefits at all

Review from Finance Dept

they have no idea what the market is

Review from Engineering Dept

There is no stock compensation program; and health insurance is expensive and doesn't cover much.

Review from Product Dept

Better external parity with competitors

Review from HR Dept

Quicker promotion options for those who consistantly receive exceeded awards.

market parity - I think we are slightly below average

Review from HR Dept

Just an increase to where market should be. Not asking for the moon

Review from HR Dept

Salary adjusted to the position - when moving up the ladder internally, the compensation doesn't seem to be adjusted adequately

I've been on a temporary contract for 1.5 years. Every time I'm told, next time I'll become permanent but has never happened. I was also forced to take a 50% paycut when I relocated.

Review from Product Dept

Goals are always a moving target, you never get the raises or bonuses they like to dangle in front of you

I do not feel undervalued

Review from Engineering Dept

The pension should continue to accumulate

Review Sentiment at Thomson Reuters

About Thomson Reuters' Compensation

A

Where This Score Ranks Thomson Reuters' Compensation

In the Top 10% of 1309 similar size companies on Comparably

?

Not enough ratings to compare against companies in Toronto

1st

1st place versus 5 competitors rated on Comparably

323 employees at Thomson Reuters score their wages and compensation an A on average. As a testament to this, when employees are asked “Do you believe you're paid fairly?”, 74% say Yes. The Communications department is the most satisfied with their compensation, ranking it 100/100, a full 57 pts above the Legal department. If you want detailed data about Thomson Reuters' wages, see the <a href="https://www.comparably.com/companies/thomson-reuters/salaries">wage breakdown by department, job titles, locations, and more.</a>

Rate Compensation the Highest

• Department - Legal
  • Tenure - Over 10 Years
  • Tenure - 2 to 5 Years

How Thomson Reuters' Compensation Score is Calculated

Results from 323 Employees in All Departments, All Genders, All Ethnicities and All Yrs. Experience Experience

Do you believe you're paid fairly?
Are you satisfied with your Benefits?
Does your company give annual bonuses?
Every 6 months or less
Every year
Every 2 years
Every 3 years or more
Never
How often do you get a raise?