Fred Meyer
Fred Meyer, Inc., is a chain of superstores founded in 1922 in Portland,... read more

Fred Meyer Employee Reviews

Out of 223 Fred Meyer employee reviews, 61% were positive. The remaining 39% were constructive reviews with the goal of helping Fred Meyer improve their work culture. The Operations team, with 69% positive reviews, reports the best experience at Fred Meyer compared to all other departments at the company. The Sales team offered the most constructive feedback, with 46% of that department's reviews constructive in nature.

clear direction and fair assessment

Our leadership teams are true leaders - willing to help grow our associates into the next leaders.

Everyone communicates so well and it is a welcome change of pace.

I like that the are fair on consent on how they treat people and try to help people best to there ablitties

Our team is supportive and easy to get along with

Much improvement in training associates to broaden their skill base and prepare them for promotion. Also much improvement needed in providing the tools and equipment to do the every day job well.

Understanding and cooperative about taking ons responsibilites when it comes to problems.

Literally everything. Treat people better

Employ people who aren't degenerates

Treating employees like people and no like a number

401K is very reasonable and solid

We have great health benefits.

The insurance package has helped me out a lot.

They offer a great benefits package

Insurance and the benefits are fair

There is too big a gap between what the people doing the work make and what the people who watch the work being done make. My benefits fall into the 'don't get sick' category. If you do you won't be able to afford treatment/doctor visits.

After minimum wage went up, I am making near close to the minimum wage start pay, with no raise. To have at lease a $1 raise

I work with people who cannot grasp the concept of effort

Bathrooms are deplorable and wages during the pandemic were barely getting me by

Unfortunately, even Associates that have lots of experience and help the positive culture of Fred Meyer are woefully underpaid. Unfortunately, it's the nature of this industry. It's not much better anywhere else.

Diversity, opportunity, fair, and objective minded

A wide variety of members, who are willing to come together on teamwork projects or cover for their associates when needed.

We all bring something different to our team.

Friendliness and lots of common interests makes talking to associates feel more like a reunion with an old friend.

Friendly, supportive and easy to get along with

Attitude. And not be suck ups to pic or management.

How to meet at the very least the very basic requirements

More cohesive teamwork and being kinder to one another. More focus on professionalism.

they need to take responsibility for their actions. And better communications.

nothing they are amazing and helpful

teamwork is always the prime factor.. no matter who you are.

My coworkers and I are on the same page

Everybody is respectful and friendly. The ones that aren't are quickly weeded out.

The team feeling that we have.

we take the food and stash it in our lunch room and eat it

This company has a structure where people seem to fear whoever is above them in the chain. Everybody is trying to simply please their supervisor rather than finding the best solution to a problem. This is where overreactions come in. Everything becomes urgent when someone's supervisor is upset.

To give the option of doint overtime, instead of making an associate do overtume without asking. I emd up doing overtime because I am cashier and self-checkout trained. Then they treat me like a nuicence, when I ask when I can go clock out to go home.

Fire people who cannot understand protocol after months of employment

The managers need to remember how the work is done and not expect things to happen with the snap of their fingers. They need to dig in next to employees to experience the work first hand.

Lots of gossip, rumors and bullying

panel of interviewers asking intelligent questions

Human Resource Manager had positive vibes.

Very easy and without any pressure

That it was fairly typical, thus predictable.

The casual feeling and the interaction

They force a standardization to the process where interviewers are simply checking off a list of specific questions. Our newcomers at my recent store said the process was three questions and took only a few minutes. We need to allow interviewers the freedom to explore a candidates' qualifications.

give them a mint at the start of the interview

a boss who is competent, smart, fair. no favors , just work

Helping customers find the products they are looking for, working on team projects, accomplishing instock goals, accomplishing price audit goals.

Nothing anymore this company could give a sh-t about us

Helping my associates with personal development oh, and making my customers happy by "going the extra mile".

I am always looking forward to clocking out of my miserable job because of how management talks down to their employees

Some accosiates, customers can tell who doesn't like their job.

The store I work at is disgusting and the produce section has a large amount of fruit flies and rotting product

The inside management is allowing expired product and tobacco to be sold. The hours are barely increased although business is picking up exponentially in the department I work in. There are many in management that are spiteful. There are many who have gotten in trouble for following policy. Much mor

department head is on a power trip. upper management needs to be aware of what she is doing that greatly impacts the morale of the entire team

Wages could be improved, as could expectations.

There aren't any Outlook reviews of Fred Meyer yet.
Be the first to contribute a review.

There aren't any Outlook reviews of Fred Meyer yet.
Be the first to contribute a review.