Fred Meyer
Fred Meyer, Inc., is a chain of superstores founded in 1922 in Portland,... read more

Fred Meyer Compensation Employee Reviews

We have great health benefits.

The insurance package has helped me out a lot.

They offer a great benefits package

Insurance and the benefits are fair

sick days are pretty good

In-store deals and sales. And discounts.

The health insurance is the best I've had so far. It's the least expensive for the broadest coverage.

There are no benefits here.

Because it's union, i can get medical

Review from Product Dept

Fair pay, overtime, vacation, medical ect

Full benefits, dental medical and vision

Flexible good stuff in the package

everything I get is great

There is too big a gap between what the people doing the work make and what the people who watch the work being done make. My benefits fall into the 'don't get sick' category. If you do you won't be able to afford treatment/doctor visits.

After minimum wage went up, I am making near close to the minimum wage start pay, with no raise. To have at lease a $1 raise

I work with people who cannot grasp the concept of effort

Bathrooms are deplorable and wages during the pandemic were barely getting me by

Unfortunately, even Associates that have lots of experience and help the positive culture of Fred Meyer are woefully underpaid. Unfortunately, it's the nature of this industry. It's not much better anywhere else.

A higher living wage + less expensive helathcare

I'm not paid as much as others in my field

Review from Product Dept

Men in my same position make more than the women. Equal pay.

Fair pay equal treatment for employment

The allotted hours that is allowed is normally cut in more than half even though we are busy enough. We are forced to work busy days with very little manpower, and everyone wants more hours which is allotted by corporate, but the store management declines this, which is severely hurting employees.

A much lower deductible rate would be great. Last year all our medical expenses that have been previously been covered in part by lower deductibles ended up being out of pocket.

getting an opportunity to advance. A position came open I applied for it, I'm qualified for it, yet I was told that I needed to be a salaried manager. no where in the job description does it state that. Sad really, I want an opportunity to prove I could do this job above expectations.

I can't even afford insurance to.cover my family

Workers deserve better pay than what they get

It a hard job and should pay more

Review from Product Dept

I don't feel it's right that someone that has been with the company 5 years can make the same as someone that's been there over 14 years. They should make a lot more than that

The less you do, the more you are paid it seems. At our facility, a person that has one job, that takes them 2-3 hours a day to accomplish it, gets paid more and gets more stock/bonus than someone who has multiple responsibilities and is continually busy throughout the day.

Review Sentiment at Fred Meyer

About Fred Meyer's Compensation

C-

Where This Score Ranks Fred Meyer's Compensation

BOTTOM

In the Bottom 30% of 1309 similar size companies on Comparably

?

Not enough ratings to compare against companies in Portland

3rd

3rd place versus 5 competitors rated on Comparably

83 employees at Fred Meyer score their wages and compensation a C- on average. As a testament to this, when employees are asked “Do you believe you're paid fairly?”, 47% say Yes. The Operations department is the most satisfied with their compensation, ranking it 70/100, a full 18 pts above the Customer Support department. If you want detailed data about Fred Meyer's wages, see the <a href="https://www.comparably.com/companies/fred-meyer/salaries">wage breakdown by department, job titles, locations, and more.</a>

Rate Compensation the Highest

• Ethnicity - Other
  • Department - Customer Support
  • Experience - 1 to 3 Years

How Fred Meyer's Compensation Score is Calculated

Results from 83 Employees in All Departments, All Genders, All Ethnicities and All Yrs. Experience Experience

Do you believe you're paid fairly?
Are you satisfied with your Benefits?
Does your company give annual bonuses?
Every 6 months or less
Every year
Every 2 years
Every 3 years or more
Never
How often do you get a raise?