savers
savers operates a chain of retail thrift stores offering used merchandise for men, women and... read more

savers Employee Reviews

Out of 68 savers employee reviews, 58% were positive. The remaining 42% were constructive reviews with the goal of helping savers improve their work culture. The Product team, with 83% positive reviews, reports the best experience at savers compared to all other departments at the company. The Sales team offered the most constructive feedback, with 58% of that department's reviews constructive in nature.

Our new (10/19) CEO has the vision and leadership that we need to go to the next level.

Hard workers, fair minded and over worked.

The managing system that this company implements is amazing. I would be as bold to say that it is the best I have come across. The work environment reflects the management staff. At my interview I already felt apart of a team and that is rare these days. I am thrilled to be apart of this company!!!

Review from Product Dept

not very much at this point.

They are very good at improving results through communication and validation.

They need to hire better leaders

Listening to feedback, treating the employees equally; (especially when it comes to race and personal relationships.

Communication and not holding personal feelings at work

Give reasonable wages and vacation hours

We had an unjustifiable termination of employment today when the employee in question had done no wrong. My unique location is the 8010 Bricktown in Chicago, Illinois. As well as unjustified accusations of stealing money from a client when a jacket was turned in by an employee.

Health insurance and our 401k

I can answer that once they kick in!!

Review from Product Dept

Bonus, Medical, Dental, Vision. All run well. Rarely have any issues at all with cigna.

401K match (although they negate it if you do not stay 5 years)

Review from Product Dept

Because the head production manager treats us poorly, talks down to us; and even laughs at an employee when they are crying.

if they would contribute to my 401k that would be nice?

lack of incentives on and positive in-work motivation. Negative reinforcement used as main motivating strategy. Needs to be more incentives for workers to perform.

4 years no raise yet!

To be compensated better. More sales bonuses or better sales bonuses.

Hard workers even though overworked

employees are nice and get along, for the most part

No man left behind!! The team work is phenomenal at the store. I love how everybody helps everybody!!

Review from Product Dept

high level of team cohesion which has been recently diminished as a result of poor management.

We all work together for a common goal, we support each other endlessly, we power through everything even when we're exhausted and we do a damn good job

Following the standards and being treated like an equal would be a swell start

Stronger attention to details. Listening to the team and reacting quickly to issues that arise.

Team work is huge here

very lgbt friendly and racially inclusive

It's a family and if someone struggles we all are struggling! It's amazing

Review from Product Dept

You can call out whenever you want without any repercussions

Review from Product Dept

We all get along, we always have each others back. It would be nice if we felt the same way about corporate

Managers need to stop blaming the lower staff when customers get mad about store policies. It's not my fault that you changed your minds every other day on the senior discount and I had people screaming in my face from following orders.

My GM treated me respectfully

he told me on the spot i got the job

It was different in terms of the way questions were asked but over all a lot of fun!! The managers eased the nervousness of interviewing almost immediately!

Review from Product Dept

There aren't any Interviews reviews of savers yet.
Be the first to contribute a review.

Beating yesterday's me is very important

i enjoy talking with my coworkers

It's an amazing feeling knowing your making a difference globally!

Review from Product Dept

genuine interactions with customers as opposed to scripted responses being rhymed off.

Fast paced so it's difficult to get bored

Review from Product Dept

No marketing or brand awareness

One front end supervisor is condescending. It can be improved by being recognized and addressed by the store manager.

Honestly, everyone at my store started quitting because of how badly we the workers were treated. I don't see it getting better unless management buckles down and listens to the workers, promotes from within, and works hard to show employees that they and their well-being are valued.

They need to change the culture of the company from protecting those who do not work to actually holding people accountable and actually valuing the criticism of tenured lower management who are struggling to do the work of ten people. But the company DOES NOT TOLERATE whistleblowing.

Review from Product Dept

We could be treated like people and not numbers. Consider demographics more, stop with the back checks, it doesn't make sense we're trusted to meet corporates unrealistic quotas but not trusted to not steal, its extremely bad for morale

Knowing that my work is making an impact not only locally but globally! That's an awesome feeling

All this recycling business. There needs to be recycling in the employee's break rooms and front of store. It drives me insane to hear about the amazing difference we are making and then turn around to see plastic bottles overfilling the garbages.