Tenable Claimed Company
Tenable® is the Cyber Exposure company. Approximately 40,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to... read more
This company is accepting feedback from verified employees

Tenable Compensation Employee Reviews

Stock options at the time of joining and also at the time of Yearly performance reviews.

Review from Engineering Dept

Generous total compensation. Great vacation policy. Great medical and medical leave benefits.

Review from Product Dept

Generous PTO and stock grants

Review from Engineering Dept

- decent pension and stock options - care packages are a nice way to express care - 4 day weeks during late summer is an absolute treat!!!

RSUs and Medical Benefits, Training Incentives

Review from Marketing Dept

Time off, medical, pay, equity, bonuses.

Review from Engineering Dept

Stock grants and quarterly bonuses.

Review from Engineering Dept

Bonus tied to company performance.

PTO, RSU, Bonus, Health, WFH

160 PTO hours annually, up to 200 hours accrual

Review from HR Dept

Quarterly bonuses and restricted stock units.

Review from Product Dept

Providing every Friday off in August and the first Friday in September.

Review from Marketing Dept

The pay and insurance seem fair enough, if you were hired in at a high enough level. Otherwise, the yearly pay bumps are wholly insufficient for many employees, and we've had a retention problem.

Review from Engineering Dept

RSU's so that you feel you are a true part of the company and are rewarded for driving company success.

Review from Marketing Dept

The new RSU grant was awesome. The ESPP plan is also great!

Stock / RSU Awards for every employee

Review from Marketing Dept

The equity grant introduced recently

Review from Engineering Dept

The benefits including annual stock grants.

Review from Engineering Dept

The benefits that we offer women to have children and a family

Review from Marketing Dept

Money and incentives. Also time off

Review from Marketing Dept

the feedback I get from my managers is not satisfying for me. higher base salary

Review from Engineering Dept

Just by comparing salaries and benefits with other cybersecurity companies, I find that we are slightly on the low side

Review from Marketing Dept

I do feel that my compensation is lower than what I would get at other companies.

Review from Marketing Dept

There is quite a bit of casting that still exists in the corporate world not just specific to Tenable. I would love to see Tenable break this barrier. There are specific functions that are discriminated against financially, we put that function in a bucket and decide value not on individuality

First, I appreciate the holistically beneficial compensation package I receive. Stock grants are great! For me, the grant would have seemed more rewarding if the first tranche of stock was provided immediately upon acceptance. Then there are the 2.5% salary increases...

Review from Marketing Dept

More compensation (base salary) would be great.

Review from Marketing Dept

Higher salary and Restricted Stock Units (the SEC publishes the amount of shares executives receive and the transaction price).

Review from Engineering Dept

I have had bigger offers from other companies(+20% total comp) that have been very difficult to pass up.

Review from Engineering Dept

Lots of perks have no value due to the expectation to work 24/7 and not enough time to pursue them

Review from Engineering Dept

I would expect better comp for my role

Review from HR Dept

I make much less than fair market price for my position and in my location and despite taking on many more responsibilities, my salary has not increased.

Review from Engineering Dept

promotion opportunities are rare or people manager doesnt care / too overworked.

Way too many bloat positions. Wages need to increase for HQ engineers and researchers before hiring clueless and redundant managers, directors, sales, from high COLA west coast cities.

Review from Engineering Dept

Yes we are not paid. The compensation should be much higher as compared to the current one.There should be no capping on the variable component and sales person should be paid for the entire period of the total contract value and it should not be restricted to 3 years(TCV) payout period.

The company doesn't pay PTO when an employee leaves the company or is let go from the company. This is a huge downside of Tenable.

Promotions and raises never quite measure up. Pay isn't increasing as responsibility and workload increases.

Certain job names are paid as a group, versus their contribution to the organization. This has no place in the workplace in this day and age.

More Stock in annual review and better pay rises

I'm about in the middle of the pack in my field, I get recruiters calling me weekly about other opportunities with better pay, but want to continue working at Tenable and earn the money that I'm qualified for.

Comparing companies and local averages are higher then here.

Review Sentiment at Tenable

About Tenable's Compensation

A+

Where This Score Ranks Tenable's Compensation

In the Top 5% of 2021 similar size companies on Comparably

In the Top 5% of 223 companies in Washington, DC

?

Not enough ratings to compare against competitors

395 employees at Tenable score their wages and compensation an A+ on average. As a testament to this, when employees are asked “Do you believe you're paid fairly?”, 89% say Yes. The Business Development department is the most satisfied with their compensation, ranking it 100/100, a full 38 pts above the Operations department.

Rate Compensation the Highest

• Tenure - 2 to 5 Years
  • Gender - Non-Binary
  • Department - Operations

How Tenable's Compensation Score is Calculated

Results from 395 Employees in All Departments, All Genders, All Ethnicities and All Yrs. Experience Experience

Do you believe you're paid fairly?
Are you satisfied with your Benefits?
Does your company give annual bonuses?
Every 6 months or less
Every year
Every 2 years
Every 3 years or more
Never
How often do you get a raise?