Tenable Claimed Company
Tenable® is the Cyber Exposure company. Approximately 40,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to... read more
This company is accepting feedback from verified employees

Tenable Employee Reviews

Out of 1840 Tenable employee reviews, 97% were positive. The remaining 3% were constructive reviews with the goal of helping Tenable improve their work culture. The Product team, with 100% positive reviews, reports the best experience at Tenable compared to all other departments at the company. The Engineering team offered the most constructive feedback, with 6% of that department's reviews constructive in nature.

its not what I expected

Review from Engineering Dept

Clear and precise communication, challenging goal setting and supoort to achieve them. Real mentoring for professional growth. Genuine interest in employee wellbeing

Review from Product Dept

They show a genuine passion for the company and the products as well as caring for the staff.

Review from Engineering Dept

Open minded, Focused and goal driven.

Review from Engineering Dept

Cares deeply about the product and overall vision of the org.

Review from Engineering Dept

The leadership team is motivated almost entirely by chasing shiny objects in the hope that it will bump up the stock price. They are obsessed with their competitors, and the people who join our leadership team are rarely qualified to lead.

Review from Engineering Dept

There is lip service to certain values and commitments which is not always backed by anything concrete or in actual practice

Review from Marketing Dept

Open honest communication. Listening. Appreciation.

Listen to the needs of the researchers and engineers.

Review from Engineering Dept

The leadership team needs to get better at actively addressing issues with the work culture at the company, instead of putting the onus on employees. They also need to be less complacent with the way things are.

Stock options at the time of joining and also at the time of Yearly performance reviews.

Review from Engineering Dept

Generous total compensation. Great vacation policy. Great medical and medical leave benefits.

Generous PTO and stock grants

Review from Engineering Dept

- decent pension and stock options - care packages are a nice way to express care - 4 day weeks during late summer is an absolute treat!!!

RSUs and Medical Benefits, Training Incentives

Review from Marketing Dept

the feedback I get from my managers is not satisfying for me. higher base salary

Review from Engineering Dept

Just by comparing salaries and benefits with other cybersecurity companies, I find that we are slightly on the low side

Review from Marketing Dept

I do feel that my compensation is lower than what I would get at other companies.

Review from Marketing Dept

There is quite a bit of casting that still exists in the corporate world not just specific to Tenable. I would love to see Tenable break this barrier. There are specific functions that are discriminated against financially, we put that function in a bucket and decide value not on individuality

First, I appreciate the holistically beneficial compensation package I receive. Stock grants are great! For me, the grant would have seemed more rewarding if the first tranche of stock was provided immediately upon acceptance. Then there are the 2.5% salary increases...

Review from Marketing Dept

independent workers open mind personal relationships between team memebers

Review from Engineering Dept

Collaborative and supportive team members. Get things done attitude.

Review from Product Dept

We're a tight-knit team, communicating openly and respectfully. We got each others back do not shy away from hard or ambiguous challenges.

Review from Engineering Dept

- very smart people - care about the work they do - I can trust them

Review from Engineering Dept

Very open, honest and fair

Review from Marketing Dept

be more professional, increase their code quality, have wider look on the system

Review from Engineering Dept

better prep before scheduling / attending meetings

Review from Engineering Dept

Coworkers need to listen to new voices and stop being complacent about the way the company has run in the past. They should also avoid having private conversations about work matters and be more inclusive of new team members.

Some coworkers are allowed to not pull their weight with no repercussions while others have to make up for their shortfalls.

If everyone has their own agenda, working together isn't possible.

Collaborative culture. Optimistic attitude towards projects. Customer centric

Review from Product Dept

Everyone is super friendly and open to help and, you will always find someone to take time and walk you through things and help out. There are lots of opinions but people really go out of their way to be considerate and respectful in discussions.

Review from Engineering Dept

Open door culture, always looking to improve and not defensive about making changes.

Review from Engineering Dept

Frank and honest, open door policy

Review from Marketing Dept

Everyone is encouraged to voice their views and opinions, and people's views are respected.

Review from Engineering Dept

less zoom more office. when people are physically close together they become more close in other levels which improve discussions and destination making

Review from Engineering Dept

There are certain toxic elements in the management and leadership change that need to be removed.

Review from Engineering Dept

The company culture would be much better if there was a real focus on defining product vs letting some high level vision and then engineering defining that vision

Review from Engineering Dept

It's time for a complete shake-up. Eliminate VPs, directors, and managers that do nothing (you folks know who these are). The Clueless "managerial gentry" class has bloated to obscene levels. Engineers and researchers need to be empowered to make decisions. Reduce the bloat and it will happen.

The customers want to sacrifice accuracy for reports that nothing is wrong. Do not allow this.

Fast and clear, I was informed of the steps and what to expect.

Review from HR Dept

All interviews were via video chat and did not require taking time off or travel.

everyone seems to like working here and were positive about the future.

Review from Customer Success Dept

My recruiter was open, honest, and their true authentic self. They didn't hold anything back. It was a smooth process.

It's been a long time since I've been involved in the process but ultimately, I love how we gauge the thinking of the candidate. That's important.

Streamline it. Get back to applicants quickly. Follow up with employers who do submit referrals, because I promise you when HR goes silent, they are asking that person.

More proactive updates from the hiring team would have made my experience a lot less stressful. There are always outside factors that can slow down an interview/hiring process, but if there are candidates that the company truly wants, that effort would go a long way.

Review from Customer Success Dept

sadly, in the last few munts I am not "happy" at work

Review from Engineering Dept

Working with the team of people to solve conplex problems. Working on an increasingly important mission

Review from Product Dept

Working with the people in my team and adjacent teams.

Review from Engineering Dept

Working on cool campaigns, interacting with colleagues

Review from Marketing Dept

Being able to work on products and solutions that have a positive impact on the world.

Review from Engineering Dept

Too much focus on growth without focusing on getting the fundamentals on solid footing that will better support that growth.

Review from Engineering Dept

Nowadays Tenable is driven entirely by the sales and marketing team. The people who least understand our products are making decisions they should not. Also these are very large teams now considering all the moving pieces in the products.

Review from Engineering Dept

The company needs to listen to feedback that it is being offered on a regular basis. Customers and employees alike have chosen to be extremely transparent in the best interest of the company and yet nothing changes.

The brightest engineers and researchers in the company aren't working in the right teams for growth and revenue. Make brave decisions about where people work, and who. Don't lose your bright engineers to another company by not figuring out they should be moved to another product.

Stop caring about individual customers and pursue a strategy of overall accuracy.

There aren't any Outlook reviews of Tenable yet.
Be the first to contribute a review.

There aren't any Outlook reviews of Tenable yet.
Be the first to contribute a review.